Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: [ROM] AOKP Jelly Bean for Verizon GS3

Quote Originally Posted by apple.to.android View Post
    B2 vs B3... thoughts? I had read somewhere that B2 was a little more stable as of now, but I'm willing to try anything once... lol
    I have not tried B2 but I have heard bugs are in both. I was skeptical to flash AOKP for a while since I heard many had issues with flashing AOKP and getting massive issues. I am sure B2 was fine but at that time I was on a CM kick.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

B3 is running well on my phone so far. Custom ringtones are broken on b2, so if that's important to you, b3 is worth trying.

Sent from my SGSIII

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

One minor issue I have had pop up is with using the phone in my Infuse 4g cardock. With this ROM only, I have to plug the audio out cable directly into the headphone jack of the phone. Any other ROM I have tried it works just fine plugging into the cardock output. If I do that with this ROM the audio from the phone comes only from the phones speaker. Like I said minor, but odd.

---------- Post Merged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:57 PM ----------

So if I wanted to go from JB B2 to B3, what would the steps to do so look like from my current ROM? Also, I would like to try CM10 with JB, but I couldn't find any how-to's for flashing it on to my GS3 (CDMA).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by apple.to.android View Post
    So if I wanted to go from JB B2 to B3, what would the steps to do so look like from my current ROM? Also, I would like to try CM10 with JB, but I couldn't find any how-to's for flashing it on to my GS3 (CDMA).
    There is a CM10 guide here as well and I have a flashing guide that will explain all the steps needed. Check my signature, its all there my friend.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

Build 4 should be up soon. The AOKP site has build 4 for a bunch of devices, including the T-Mobile SGSIII, so I'm hoping that the Verizon build will be available soon.

Sent from my SGSIII

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

Build 4 is out. Will dirty flash as soon as it finishes downloading.

Sent from my SGSIII

Do you guys all dirty flash? Because I got some serious reboot lap when I did that before with cm10

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

How do I upgrade from build 3?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by The SuperUser View Post
    How do I upgrade from build 3?

First, make a nandroid backup.

If you want to try a dirty flash:

1. Wipe cache.
    2. Wipe dalvik.
    3. Format system.
    4. Flash b4 and gapps.

For a clean flash, wipe data as well.

A dirty flash may not work right, so whether you go that route is up to you. If you encounter issues, you should try a clean flash and see if that resolves your issues.

Sent from my SGSIII
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    First, make a nandroid backup.

If you want to try a dirty flash:

1. Wipe cache.
    2. Wipe dalvik.
    3. Format system.
    4. Flash b4 and gapps.

For a clean flash, wipe data as well.

A dirty flash may not work right, so whether you go that route is up to you. If you encounter issues, you should try a clean flash and see if that resolves your issues.

Sent from my SGSIII
    About to flash B4 now, going to attempt a dirty flash but last time I did a dirty flash with CM nightlies I had many bugs so hold on your buts...

When dirty flashing, I generally like to wipe cache/dalvik/system 2-3 times before flashing the ROM. Hopefully this will come in handy .
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Just finished dirty flashing B4 and everything seems to be working fine. Data worked fine, only glitch that I have is with Goo.im app, still telling me there is an update to my ROM but thats no biggie. I did flash Lean Kernel V1 after dirty flashing and it froze on initial boot, vibrated a couple times after the screen went black and then rebooting by itself perfectly fine. Weird issue but if it works now I wont question it lol. Kernels have been wonky on this device so far...

Edit, attempted a reboot normally too see if I could recreate the issue with booting up with Lean Kernel and it did it again. I think I may have to do a clean flash. Of AOKP.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Just finished dirty flashing B4 and everything seems to be working fine. Data worked fine, only glitch that I have is with Goo.im app, still telling me there is an update to my ROM but thats no biggie. I did flash Lean Kernel V1 after dirty flashing and it froze on initial boot, vibrated a couple times after the screen went black and then rebooting by itself perfectly fine. Weird issue but if it works now I wont question it lol. Kernels have been wonky on this device so far...

Edit, attempted a reboot normally too see if I could recreate the issue with booting up with Lean Kernel and it did it again. I think I may have to do a clean flash. Of AOKP.
    Might have to check this build out....keep me posted on the kernel issue.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    Might have to check this build out....keep me posted on the kernel issue.

Clean flash seems to have fixed the issue that I was having with booting up after flashing Lean Kernel. Now to set everything back up lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Flashed kernel, finished setting everything up and rebooted. Everything seemed to have worked fine. 4G connected right away, no issues with IMEI numbers and the ROM is pretty quick too. B3 was quick but I was noticed the graphic lag where you had to check Disable HW Overlay in Dev options but so far have not had that issue yet on B4. Will report when using it more through the day.

any huge improvements? I'm on B3 and have been enjoying the ROM, and I kind of don't want to have to clean flash again...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by jackmei2 View Post
    any huge improvements? I'm on B3 and have been enjoying the ROM, and I kind of don't want to have to clean flash again...
    I am getting slightly better performance which makes me more than willing to clean flash. Aside from that, not much has been added.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

Build 4 running fine so far after a dirty flash from build 3. I'm also running LeanKernel 1.0, which I flashed after letting build 4 boot up first. My personal experience is that I've had more problems when flashing a ROM and kernel together.

There's a changelog for build 4 on aokp.co.

Sent from my SGSIII
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Build 4 running fine so far after a dirty flash from build 3. I'm also running LeanKernel 1.0, which I flashed after letting build 4 boot up first. My personal experience is that I've had more problems when flashing a ROM and kernel together.

There's a changelog for build 4 on aokp.co.

Sent from my SGSIII
    I didn't flash it at the same time, I too have always had issues when doing that. I flashed B4, let it boot and then flashed LK. What I think might have done it was I forgot to uncheck run at boot for kernel settings. Either way I am up and running fine so no biggie lol.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

Still have the data glitch that I've seen with all CM-based ROMs, where if I reboot the phone while in 3G-only mode, I won't have a data connection (even through the status bar shows a 3G connection). The 3G connection does start working after I connect to wifi or LTE, and then switch back to 3G.

Saw in a thread on RW that that the CM team has a proposed RIL fix that may address this issue.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 10-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.

For me: the Build 4 is noticeably different and I had some problems with the Quick Reply in B3 and that's completely fixed. The graphics are smooth. And everything seems to be fine with me. My battery still drains like crazy though...my phone reports it being the screen but I am unsure.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

I am on B3 and have no real complaints. Custom ringtones work and there are no lag issues or anything. Everything has been fairly smooth for me. The only problem I have noticed is that if I download a ringtone from Zedge or download one from an attached email I sent to myself, it will not play in the preview or show up as being able to use. However if I add it via USB connected to my PC it works just fine. Battery is pretty good for me. I can go from 7:00AM to 10:30PM before it warns me it is low. That is with moderate use during the day at work too.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

Been using b4 for two days now and running well for me. Can confirm that the graphics glitches appear to have been fixed. No need in b4 to select the Disable HW overlay option to keep the screen from flashing.

Sent from my SGSIII
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by The SuperUser View Post
    For me: the Build 4 is noticeably different and I had some problems with the Quick Reply in B3 and that's completely fixed. The graphics are smooth. And everything seems to be fine with me. My battery still drains like crazy though...my phone reports it being the screen but I am unsure.
    From my experiences using AOSP based ROMs battery life has been poor without using a custom kernel. I highly recommend lean kernel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast