Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: [ROM] AOKP Jelly Bean for Verizon GS3

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    From my experiences using AOSP based ROMs battery life has been poor without using a custom kernel. I highly recommend lean kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    On the contrary, when I was running CM10 on my Nexus the battery life was just as good as running a custom kernel. I can't say the same sadly for the GS3. A lot of factors are thrown into the mix when judging battery life and even user factors/expectations. Personally I find 12h of battery life terrible, but other may find that amazingly good. All personal preference.

With AOKP B4 and Lean Kernel V1, I got 1D, 10H of Battery with about an hour and a half of screen on time.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    On the contrary, when I was running CM10 on my Nexus the battery life was just as good as running a custom kernel. I can't say the same sadly for the GS3. A lot of factors are thrown into the mix when judging battery life and even user factors/expectations. Personally I find 12h of battery life terrible, but other may find that amazingly good. All personal preference.

With AOKP B4 and Lean Kernel V1, I got 1D, 10H of Battery with about an hour and a half of screen on time.
    Man I wish I would like AOKP better...there are certain things I just hate about that ROM. I really want to check out liquid smooth or baked ROM but they look super buggy ATM. Wanna be a test subject? Lol

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Man I wish I would like AOKP better...there are certain things I just hate about that ROM. I really want to check out liquid smooth or baked ROM but they look super buggy ATM. Wanna be a test subject? Lol

I will refuse to flash Liquid due to many factors .

ROM
    CM10 M1

I will refuse to flash Liquid due to many factors .
    Lol what factors

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Lol what factors

I use to love their ROM on the GNex until I kept getting error messages saying that I had no SIM card in my phone and it came down to it that the ROM was the only thing causing my issues. Flashed many other ROMs and that was the only one that caused the issues. On top of that, they basically are the same thing as AOKP/CM10. They just merge certain aspects together for their ROM and call it unique. Just my personal opinion, but I like the purest form of a ROM which in this case would either be straight CM10 or AOKP.

on B4, GoLauncher seems to be a bit choppy in the app drawer. I did however, restore apps using TiB with data going from B3 to B4. I did do a clean flash tho. are you guys experiencing anything similar? I've tried clearing out the data on golauncher and rebooting a few times, but it doesn't seem to help. first time I'm noticing this with goLauncher
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Quote Originally Posted by jackmei2 View Post
    on B4, GoLauncher seems to be a bit choppy in the app drawer. I did however, restore apps using TiB with data going from B3 to B4. I did do a clean flash tho. are you guys experiencing anything similar? I've tried clearing out the data on golauncher and rebooting a few times, but it doesn't seem to help. first time I'm noticing this with goLauncher
    I would recommend that you use Nova launcher. Nova is based of ICS and JB now so it will run smoother.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

I would recommend that you use Nova launcher. Nova is based of ICS and JB now so it will run smoother.
    I use Nova Launcher as well and no lag or choppiness.

Also flashed the RIL fix for build 4 a couple of hours ago. Still too soon to say whether it improves data, but it doesn't seem to have made things worse.

Sent from my SGSIII

Hey a clean flashed my s3 and all seems well except my phone number is gone in info. Any advice?

Hi i am new to this flashing of rom thing. I would really love to get JB on my s3. I think i have basic idea what i need to do to flash it on my phone. I am on verizon and want to flash AOKP build 4 on my phone.

Can you give me a water run down from start to finish to help me flash and also i would like to go back to stock rom once verizon officially releases JB. So what steps can i take to go back to stock in future ?

Sorry if i sound like a rookie just trying to learn the big boys programs

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashyj86 View Post
    Hi i am new to this flashing of rom thing. I would really love to get JB on my s3. I think i have basic idea what i need to do to flash it on my phone. I am on verizon and want to flash AOKP build 4 on my phone.

Can you give me a water run down from start to finish to help me flash and also i would like to go back to stock rom once verizon officially releases JB. So what steps can i take to go back to stock in future ?

My advice to you is to search Youtube for S3 rom flashing and watch plenty. There are many that are very detailed.

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM

There are some very detailed guides that have been stickied in this forum. Read through them and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Thanked by:
    creccaj1 likes this.

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mk3jett View Post
    Hey a clean flashed my s3 and all seems well except my phone number is gone in info. Any advice?
    Do you still have your IMEI? Does your phone otherwise work?

Sent from my SGSIII
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Follow one of my guides stickied in this forum. It will give you all the information you need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Quick question; When I turn on my mobile hotspot tethering, does it charge my bill??

Ported from my AOKP Build 4 JellyBean Samsung Galaxy S3.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Quote Originally Posted by The SuperUser View Post
    Quick question; When I turn on my mobile hotspot tethering, does it charge my bill??

Don't know about that for sure, but if you use the Wifi tethering then no.

Is it just me, or whenever unlocking the screen from a short sleep, the home button doesn't wake it?

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Doesn't have an issue for me, I notice though that when you turn the screen on from lock screen state it lags slightly compared to normal. I am attributing that to having a profile set to only allow the CPU to run at 584mhz MAX while screen is off though..

that's too bad, I love me some GoLauncher... *I did leave AOKP because I couldn't get NFL Mobile working, but I found out what I have to do to get it to work so I'll probably be back on AOKP, so I'll give Nova Launcher a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    I use Nova Launcher as well and no lag or choppiness.

Also flashed the RIL fix for build 4 a couple of hours ago. Still too soon to say whether it improves data, but it doesn't seem to have made things worse.

Sent from my SGSIII
    so where did you find this RIL fix?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jackmei2 View Post
    that's too bad, I love me some GoLauncher... *I did leave AOKP because I couldn't get NFL Mobile working, but I found out what I have to do to get it to work so I'll probably be back on AOKP, so I'll give Nova Launcher a whirl.

so where did you find this RIL fix?
    It's in the OP of this Rootzwiki thread. Look for the data patch for build 4.

[OFFICIAL]-AOKP-|-d2vzw-|-Build-4

Sent from my SGSIII
    Thanked by:

Everytime I go to flash the AOKP, I get install aborted. Have yet to get it done successfully.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

Quote Originally Posted by rpjohs View Post
    Everytime I go to flash the AOKP, I get install aborted. Have yet to get it done successfully.
    Did you verify MD5 sums? What recovery are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Did you verify MD5 sums? What recovery are you using?

Took me a while but finally figured it out. For some reason the download wasnt going to the sd card, it was just downloading to the phone. Got it moved to where it needed to be and ran CWM and go tit loaded up fine.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

Quote Originally Posted by rpjohs View Post
    Took me a while but finally figured it out. For some reason the download wasnt going to the sd card, it was just downloading to the phone. Got it moved to where it needed to be and ran CWM and go tit loaded up fine.
    Good stuff.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast