[ROM] AOKP Jelly Bean for Verizon GS3

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Is the screenshot functionality with this ROM broken or is it different from how you'd do it on a stock ICS GS3? I checked under settings and don't see a Motion option to enable it.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Is the screenshot functionality with this ROM broken or is it different from how you'd do it on a stock ICS GS3? I checked under settings and don't see a Motion option to enable it.

There is no motion option since that is purely a touch wiz feature. To take a screen shot, hold down the volume down and power button.

wnflyer

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Very nice. I'm tempted by it, the camera is my only concern (and they don't offer the MAXX in a Developer Ed.).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ThatsAngel

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I put the new AOKP on my phone last night after rocking with CleanRom 2.5 for a week. I'm still too new with Android to figure out what works and what doesn't work properly. I'm happy to lose Picasa picture sync in my gallery. I can't figure out how to change the aspect ratio on the camera (I like wide shots that take full advantage of the screen). Not a big fan of the notification screen, because I can't figure out how to 'clear' items without opening them.

Otherwise, it's a very sleek layout, that's for sure.

EDIT: And I can't use AIM, which might be a deal breaker for me.

EDIT EDIT: Switched to LiquidSmooth after a few hours with AOKP 5. Still don't like the camera, but AIM works again.

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Very nice. I'm tempted by it, the camera is my only concern (and they don't offer the MAXX in a Developer Ed.).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Camera doesn't bother me, not a big picture snapper lol. Use my phone mainly for phone calls and texting and certain apps. Mainly got it for work which will have me traveling a lot so I need the battery life. Dev edition doesn't bother me... don't plan to hack this phone, thats why I keep my GNex around when I need to crackflash :).

I put the new AOKP on my phone last night after rocking with CleanRom 2.5 for a week. I'm still too new with Android to figure out what works and what doesn't work properly. I'm happy to lose Picasa picture sync in my gallery. I can't figure out how to change the aspect ratio on the camera (I like wide shots that take full advantage of the screen). Not a big fan of the notification screen, because I can't figure out how to 'clear' items without opening them.

Otherwise, it's a very sleek layout, that's for sure.

EDIT: And I can't use AIM, which might be a deal breaker for me.

EDIT EDIT: Switched to LiquidSmooth after a few hours with AOKP 5. Still don't like the camera, but AIM works again.

You still use AIM?? Its all about GTalk my friend. AOKP is going to be much more stable than Liquid in the long run. Liquid/CNA/BlackBeans/Eclipse all do the same thing, combine AOKP and CM features to make a huge ROM that requires constant updated to fix small bugs found due to merging. That isn't to say they aren't great ROMs, but if you are looking for stability you really should stay with the closest thing to stock AOSP.

guitarbite747

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So far loving this ROM , it doesn't have the loud call volume issue that cm10 has and seems stable so far. One question is there anyway to get rid of the constant Google search bar without using the custom launcher?

Thanks !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So far loving this ROM , it doesn't have the loud call volume issue that cm10 has and seems stable so far. One question is there anyway to get rid of the constant Google search bar without using the custom launcher?

Thanks !

AOKP uses Nova launcher as stock if I am not mistaken, I have always used it but if you don't use Nova without it I believe you can't.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
How is build 5 running? Might check it out soon getting the flashing itch again lol

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Haha I never got around to flashing B5. B4 was treating me well so I found no need to flash something until I got bored. Apparently some of my friends on B5 say its pretty solid.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Build 5 and experiencing the loud call volume, have the volume all the way down and it's still very loud. Also, each time I rebooted the phone, it's gets stuck on the booting screen (unicorn image) and never gets to the home screen, so I have to restore a previous backup.

Any suggestions? Thanks!