[ROM] AOKP Jelly Bean for Verizon GS3

oper8or

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi i am new to this flashing of rom thing. I would really love to get JB on my s3. I think i have basic idea what i need to do to flash it on my phone. I am on verizon and want to flash AOKP build 4 on my phone.

Can you give me a water run down from start to finish to help me flash and also i would like to go back to stock rom once verizon officially releases JB. So what steps can i take to go back to stock in future ?

Sorry if i sound like a rookie just trying to learn the big boys programs ;)
My advice to you is to search Youtube for S3 rom flashing and watch plenty. There are many that are very detailed.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi i am new to this flashing of rom thing. I would really love to get JB on my s3. I think i have basic idea what i need to do to flash it on my phone. I am on verizon and want to flash AOKP build 4 on my phone.

Can you give me a water run down from start to finish to help me flash and also i would like to go back to stock rom once verizon officially releases JB. So what steps can i take to go back to stock in future ?

There are some very detailed guides that have been stickied in this forum. Read through them and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sent from my SGSIII

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Follow one of my guides stickied in this forum. It will give you all the information you need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

The SuperUser

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Quick question; When I turn on my mobile hotspot tethering, does it charge my bill??

Ported from my AOKP Build 4 JellyBean Samsung Galaxy S3. :D

The SuperUser

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or whenever unlocking the screen from a short sleep, the home button doesn't wake it?

Ported from my AOKP Build 4 JellyBean Samsung Galaxy S3. :D

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't have an issue for me, I notice though that when you turn the screen on from lock screen state it lags slightly compared to normal. I am attributing that to having a profile set to only allow the CPU to run at 584mhz MAX while screen is off though..

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend that you use Nova launcher. Nova is based of ICS and JB now so it will run smoother.

that's too bad, I love me some GoLauncher... ?I did leave AOKP because I couldn't get NFL Mobile working, but I found out what I have to do to get it to work so I'll probably be back on AOKP, so I'll give Nova Launcher a whirl.

I use Nova Launcher as well and no lag or choppiness.

Also flashed the RIL fix for build 4 a couple of hours ago. Still too soon to say whether it improves data, but it doesn't seem to have made things worse.

Sent from my SGSIII

so where did you find this RIL fix?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
that's too bad, I love me some GoLauncher... ?I did leave AOKP because I couldn't get NFL Mobile working, but I found out what I have to do to get it to work so I'll probably be back on AOKP, so I'll give Nova Launcher a whirl.

so where did you find this RIL fix?

It's in the OP of this Rootzwiki thread. Look for the data patch for build 4.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/31679-[OFFICIAL]-AOKP-|-d2vzw-|-Build-4

Sent from my SGSIII

j0hnnyRingo

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you verify MD5 sums? What recovery are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
Took me a while but finally figured it out. For some reason the download wasnt going to the sd card, it was just downloading to the phone. Got it moved to where it needed to be and ran CWM and go tit loaded up fine.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Took me a while but finally figured it out. For some reason the download wasnt going to the sd card, it was just downloading to the phone. Got it moved to where it needed to be and ran CWM and go tit loaded up fine.

Good stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The AOKP team mentioned on Twitter that they're working on a milestone release. Hoping that we'll see it next weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463