Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My scores are so low?!

• So, on my unrooted TouchWiz, I was easily getting scores of 5000-5100 in Quad, now I'm getting scores of 3800. I mean my phones fast and all but sometimes I don't feel I'm getting the most out of it with those scores...I get 7000 in AnTuTu. (Running AOKP Build 4)

• Also, where is the clear RAM on this build??
    • I don't have SetCPU on this build yet.
    • I'm losing ALOT of battery and have NO idea why either..
    Any input would be GREAT.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My scores are so low?!-uploadfromtaptalk1349212841236.jpg  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Default Re: My scores are so low?!

Quote Originally Posted by The SuperUser View Post
    • So, on my unrooted TouchWiz, I was easily getting scores of 5000-5100 in Quad, now I'm getting scores of 3800. I mean my phones fast and all but sometimes I don't feel I'm getting the most out of it with those scores...I get 7000 in AnTuTu. (Running AOKP Build 4)

• Also, where is the clear RAM on this build??
    • I don't have SetCPU on this build yet.
    • I'm losing ALOT of battery and have NO idea why either..
    Any input would be GREAT.

Not sure about the scores....mine are always around 5000 on quadrant.....but battery life sucks on AOSP based roms.....flash lean kernel.....this was my battery life today

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My scores are so low?!-uploadfromtaptalk1349248734229.jpg   My scores are so low?!-uploadfromtaptalk1349248744976.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    The SuperUser likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay! Thanks Mate, I'll try that when I get home!!

Lean Kernel might not bump your scores up significantly, it isn't meant to be a performance kernel. Your scores are low because most people your see posting high scores on QS have an overclocked CPU running a performance governor which basically keeps the CPU running at full blast at all times. I wouldn't put too much stock in those scores since they aren't a real representation of what average use will be. Stick with what you like and performs best for you.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Lean Kernel might not bump your scores up significantly, it isn't meant to be a performance kernel. Your scores are low because most people your see posting high scores on QS have an overclocked CPU running a performance governor which basically keeps the CPU running at full blast at all times. I wouldn't put too much stock in those scores since they aren't a real representation of what average use will be. Stick with what you like and performs best for you.
    This.

Also, benchmarks are one of the more useless measurements imo. Fun? Absolutely. Meaningful? Not really, to an extent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Tarpit_Carnivore and creccaj1 like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay, I flashed LeanKernel, now I don't know what to do.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

This kernels gonna make my battery better by not changing any SetCPU stats?!

Yes. There isn't much that you need to change in order to get better battery life. Lean Kernels default governor is Interactive and its a modified one that is made for battery life without sacrificing performance. I would overclock the CPU or anything, I see no need too but you can change the scheduler to deadline, thats the only major tweak I did.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

There's no way this is normal with 3hrs of display on. Brightness all the way down..no apps running...I went ahead and bought a OEM Battery and waiting for it to be delivered..battery may be not functioning properly.

Ported from my AOKP Build 4 JellyBean Samsung Galaxy S3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My scores are so low?!-uploadfromtaptalk1349576160802.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

There's no way this is normal with 3hrs of display on. Brightness all the way down..no apps running...I went ahead and bought a OEM Battery and waiting for it to be delivered..battery may be not functioning properly.

The battery would have been covered under warranty and you could have got it replaced for free just sayin

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

How so? I bought the phone at Walmart on September 10.

I'm running AOKP 4 and everything seems to be going fine. Ever considered under clicking for better battery life?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

How so? I bought the phone at Walmart on September 10.

The battery is a warrantable item irrespective of where you bought the device.

It could be the battery or the phone. Download an app called CPU Spy to make sure that your phone is going to sleep when it should. If it isn't going to sleep then it is highly possible something is keeping it awake. Since you have a new battery on the way I would recommend that you still download this app since its free and you can make sure that ROM is functioning properly. If it is the battery/phone you are covered under warranty and should be able to get a replacement from Samsung.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Before I ask anymore I want to thank everyone for their responses!! :thumbup:

What exactly am I looking for to know if my phone isn't going to sleep?? It has 62% near deep sleep and about 15% near 1512mhz..

Before I ask anymore I want to thank everyone for their responses!! :thumbup:

What exactly am I looking for to know if my phone isn't going to sleep?? It has 62% near deep sleep and about 15% near 1512mhz..

That could be normal depending on your usage. If you are a heavy user then I would say that's pretty good. This is what I would do to help you batter life out... Download SetCPU, set min to 384 max 1512, interactive governor and deadline scheduler. Then go over to the profiles tab and create a new profile by clicking the plus. Select screen off, and set the max to something around 584mhz and min 381, keeping governor and scheduler the same and make the priority 99. Make sure to enable profiles on the bottom when you are done.

Doing this will ensure that your phone wont but running at full blast when your screen is off.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

New battery...I suppose its time to send this thing off...device is absolutely not functioning properly...only 2:45hr of screen..WiFi off majority..no other media running..just pํss้s me off!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My scores are so low?!-uploadfromtaptalk1349837874658.jpg  

I don't know if this could be an issue with where you are, but are you signal bars always grey like that? If yes then that would be why your battery life is horrible. If you phone is constantly trying to acquire a data signal or you are in an area with bad signal reception your battery is going to die quicker than anything else.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Those grey bars?? Then yes and no.

The second photo was from yesterday, 3hr 35min display & Auto & 1hr voice call. WiFi the whole usage time...I think I'm just over estimating how good the battery really should be.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My scores are so low?!-uploadfromtaptalk1350041436353.jpg   My scores are so low?!-uploadfromtaptalk1350041471546.jpg  
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

No..

Then your service doesn't fully explain battery drain. It is possible that you are overestimating how well the battery lasts. If you are have good service or WiFi for most of the day you should be fine. Would be curious after a use what you CPU Spy screen shot would be.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Sure will!!

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Yesterday with 2h 11min of display & 2hr voice calls. Fell asleep before I could get a CPUSpy pic..but my Deep sleep last night was like 85% @ 7hrs. 384mhz for 40min&1580mhz for 20min...something like that

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My scores are so low?!-uploadfromtaptalk1350143396818.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast