Looking for stable JB ROM

Rflor31

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
My S3 is currently running CleanRom 2.1 and it's good and all but I'm a Nexus 7 user and the snappy UI is something that I've grown to love. I've seen a variety of different JB Roms but from more experienced users who have tried these Roms before, which one would you most recommend? And again I'm looking for a stock Jelly Bean ROM resembling the Nexus 7.What would you guys recommend? Stability and customization matter most

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Team Liquid just posted a JB powered version of their ROM on XDA. Keep an eye on that.

My issues with all JB is the fact that they all (thus far) drop 3G frequently. Living outside a 4G area you can imagine how bothersome that can be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Rflor31

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
That would be an issue since some places can get spotty up here. I just love how smooth my experience is on my Nexus 7 I wish I could have the same on my S3 because let's be honest the ota update version of Jelly Bean looks the same as the stock TouchWizzICS

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Liquid has data drops as well.

It's a shame. I wouldn't doubt that once we get JB official we'll see some awesome/stable AOKP ports.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Apparently there is a fix for the data drop issue. A few of the JB ROMs are already implementing a patch. I'm waiting for Liquid to add it into its next build before I give it a try. I had tried the AOKP Rom and liked it, but because of the data drop issues I had to switch back to Clean ROM.

Overall its great to have this much development though!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been on AOKP B3 and B4 and have had no issues with data dropping wether it be 3G or 4G. I live in a 4G area but I travel for work and friends to 3G areas and I have not had one issue so far.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been on AOKP B3 and B4 and have had no issues with data dropping wether it be 3G or 4G. I live in a 4G area but I travel for work and friends to 3G areas and I have not had one issue so far.

I can only speak for my experience with B3. I also live in a 4g area but commute to work in a 3g area. My phone would struggle to get 4G signal in my home and when it did it wouldn't hold it for long, toggling to 3g...then sometimes nothing at all before jumping back on again.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been running CM10-nightly for a week now and love it. I haven't had any issues at all. I just updated last night to build 5. Everything running smooth. I use the Nova launcher with it.

Rflor31

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using AOKP Build 4 and it's really exactly what I was looking for. It has pretty Damn good battery life and when I experience data drops I just toggle mobile data in settings and it goes back to normal with very few interruptions. I highly recommend it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user