Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By psyjohn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flashed JellyWiz RLS10

Anyone else like the features of TouchWiz but want Jellybean ....im giving jellywiz a shot ...a couple small bugs like a large 2 message I sent wouldn't go through. .I had to separate the text into two. . Googlenow works but not 100% functional ... like you can't add your favorite sports team for automatic updates. .. overall its s nice Rom..

Sent from my GS3....
    Last edited by the1m.polo; 10-17-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Default Re: Flashed JellyWiz RLS10

I was just researching this ROM... What do you mean about adding your favorite sound? Like, customizing notifications?

I'm curious to find out if the notification LED light works and whether you can customize it. Before I rooted and loaded CM10, I was frustrated by the lack of functionality with it. I know it seems like a little thing, but I mostly rely on that rather than sound or vibration to know if I have messages.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by scraptacular View Post
    I was just researching this ROM... What do you mean about adding your favorite sound? Like, customizing notifications?

I'm curious to find out if the notification LED light works and whether you can customize it. Before I rooted and loaded CM10, I was frustrated by the lack of functionality with it. I know it seems like a little thing, but I mostly rely on that rather than sound or vibration to know if I have messages.

(ok I havent installed swift key yet and didnt catch the errors from the stock keyboard)

but you can't add preferences like a "sports" team in Googlvoice...like you can on my Gnex ..I mean...googlevoice works but doesn't seem to Be saving your preferences to make it customized to you.

let me check led functions. ..

Sent from my GS3....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

led functions look to be the same as stock...

Sent from my GS3....

I'm using that Rom. 10 is the most stable but rls 8 gave me the best battery life for some reason. Everything seems to work though. Haven't tried long SMS yet
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by craigrn16 View Post
    I'm using that Rom. 10 is the most stable but rls 8 gave me the best battery life for some reason. Everything seems to work though. Haven't tried long SMS yet
    yea the moment CM10,AOKP, or any other stock roms bring the TouchWiz features to it ....I'd love to try it out ...I really like smart stay, smart alert, and direct call oh and the camera app...I love stock too but I like that no other phone has these features. ..

Sent from my GS3....

Would you guys report back on your experience with JellyWiz 10 as you use it over the next few days? I've been looking at it for a while. Currently I'm running AOKP and love the JB features but I'd like to get the TouchWiz stuff back. I have to depend heavily on my phone for work so if you could let me know if rls 10 is daily driver worthy I sure would appreciate it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by psyjohn View Post
    Would you guys report back on your experience with JellyWiz 10 as you use it over the next few days? I've been looking at it for a while. Currently I'm running AOKP and love the JB features but I'd like to get the TouchWiz stuff back. I have to depend heavily on my phone for work so if you could let me know if rls 10 is daily driver worthy I sure would appreciate it.
    As of Day 3... As stated before can't send multiple text at once (as one message)..

No clock app.. Had to download an alarm app...
    1 instance I had screen flashes but since I've read to go in developer options and check disable hardware overlay its been fine ...

And google voice isn't allowing you to save preferences

Still happy!! Daily driver worthy very fluid
    The new Samsung features are nice. The new block features are very nice.. The new folders are nice, the picture gallery is sick..

...will keep you posted

Sent from my GS3....
    Last edited by the1m.polo; 10-18-2012 at 04:46 PM.

OP, do you live in a 4G area?

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    OP, do you live in a 4G area?

Phx az.... Yep... 4g still works I haven't had any drop off issues

Sent from my GS3....
    Thanked by:

I tried touchwiz and didn't like it for the fact as mentioned below. Lacking Google now features and a few small bugs. However I've been using paranoid android ROM for about a week and love it! It is a hybrid ROM that allows u to set our phone up like a phablet r tablet. Everything works great and it is blazing fast! Based off cm10 but better.

Quote Originally Posted by the1m.polo View Post
    Phx az.... Yep... 4g still works I haven't had any drop off issues

Sent from my GS3....
    I'm more concerned regarding 3G drops, I'm 20 minutes out of a 4G area. Thanks for the heads update though!

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Uum I think I'll be flashing something else... Nothing major... But small bugs annoy me.... Everything still works but... Random flashes... Headphones jack randomly has problems.... I just need a no problem rom.... Not to much to ask is it?

Sent from my GS3....

Quote Originally Posted by the1m.polo View Post
    As of Day 3... As stated before can't send multiple text at once (as one message)..

No clock app.. Had to download an alarm app...
    1 instance I had screen flashes but since I've read to go in developer options and check disable hardware overlay its been fine ...

And google voice isn't allowing you to save preferences

Still happy!! Daily driver worthy very fluid
    The new Samsung features are nice. The new block features are very nice.. The new folders are nice, the picture gallery is sick..

...will keep you posted

Sent from my GS3....
    After I read your post the other day I decided to take the plunge. So far, after 3 days I am loving JellyWiz. I haven't run into any real issues yet other than the occasional screen flicker but I found that if I do a reset each morning I'm not even having that problem. The only other thing I found that isn't working for me is Google Sky Map. It comes up and the initial view is right but then it won't pan away from the first place you point it to. Wondering if it has something to do with the gyroscope since all my gps related apps work great.

Well, I'm a week into running rls 10 and I still love it. The battery life has improved some, but that's probably due to me not playing with it quite so much. VZW will probably screw around with the JB update until next spring, but I don't care. I'm enjoying Jelly Bean on my phone now!
    the1m.polo likes this.

ROM
    CM10 M1

How are phone calls...any issues like aosp ROMs?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Phone calls are great, in fact I seem to have better reception than I had on stock, cleanrom, or aokp. I live in a very rural area but have 4g around where I work and I have been able to make and receive calls in places I couldn't before. Other people using JW have reported problems with bluetooth connectivity but mine has worked fine from the beginning. Everything I use my phone for is working just like it should (except for sky map as I mentioned in an earlier post).

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by psyjohn View Post
    Phone calls are great, in fact I seem to have better reception than I had on stock, cleanrom, or aokp. I live in a very rural area but have 4g around where I work and I have been able to make and receive calls in places I couldn't before. Other people using JW have reported problems with bluetooth connectivity but mine has worked fine from the beginning. Everything I use my phone for is working just like it should (except for sky map as I mentioned in an earlier post).
    There is no crackling, too loud, or too soft of volume problems during calls?....with aosp its been so bad where I can't even understand what people are saying due to crackling

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    There is no crackling, too loud, or too soft of volume problems during calls?....with aosp its been so bad where I can't even understand what people are saying due to crackling

I haven't experienced any of that. Call volume seems fine and the buttons work to turn it up or down. One of the other roms I tried before, the volume wouldn't adjust during calls. Even the call eq button works on this one.

I've just installed the RLS10 and i feel like the battery life has decreased ! Is it possible ??
    I am using the Verizon S3 as a global phone !
    pls help and also in the battery stats Android System is using most of my batter after Screen.