VZW JB Leak to the Dev's

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yipee! It was leaked yesterday - the Verizon Jelly Bean OS. It's made it to the developers, so we should start seeing some functional Jelly Bean versions coming pretty soon instead of the cross provider versions that don't translate too well to VZW. The Jelly Bean version is: 4.1.1 I535VRBLI5

I know Eschelon (Synergy) got it and is working on it. One thing he noted was that the English words were spelled in UK/Australian ways. He'll be changing that over as well as clearing out the usual VZW worthless stuff.

I'll still probably wait for a little bit before installing it. I just want to avoid some of the initial birthing pains that comes with all the ROMs at the start.

Here's the announcement. The info is in post 9543, 9547 and 9549: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792499&page=955

Last edited:

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hoping this gets built around a CM10 based ROM!

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Scotts (Clean ROM) version of this leak that came out today. So far so great. So far it feels as fast as CM10. Check it out on xda.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Paladin2016

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Using Scott's 4.1 as well... no issues other than the damn Wifi alert/notification.

Installed the mod for increased icons on the screen. Looks great as well.

Sent from my S3 Paladin using Android Central Forums.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I use flashed the latest Synergy ROM which incorporates this leak... It's pretty awesome.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Using Scott's 4.1 as well... no issues other than the damn Wifi alert/notification.

Installed the mod for increased icons on the screen. Looks great as well.

Sent from my S3 Paladin using Android Central Forums.

Did you uncheck the WIFI notification in wireless settings?

Paladin2016

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I did and nothing changed... though there are some things I'm learning to do. I've flashed three times now because I keep messing with Google Wallet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Neverender326

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
NFL Mobile confirmed working on Synergy JB. However I realized just how much I can't stand TW so I went straight back to Paranoid 2.5.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
NFL Mobile confirmed working on Synergy JB. However I realized just how much I can't stand TW so I went straight back to Paranoid 2.5.

Man I actually didn't mind Touchwiz... Until I've started running paranoid.... Idk... I'm missing some things like the video app, smart alert, screen stay, direct call, the camera app... All on Touchwiz.... But other than that I'm staying... I need a Rom like paranoid to add these features and... Man!!!! I'll pay for that honestly

Sent from my GS3....

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
After PA everything else just seems so "big"

We should stay on topic.

Has anyone tried more than one JB leak based ROM? I'm noticing a couple software bugs with Synergy (the 'help' notifications on the lockscreen won't go away).

Has anyone flashed the new modem VRBLI5?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Switched over to JellyWiz ROM last night and still get the notification error.

At least BeyondPod now works.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the Help notifications go away. You just have to check the boxes to keep them from showing up. Now the question is, which boxes? It's been a few days so I need to look again to figure it out.

I've been running Synergy JB for a couple days now . . . and lovin' it. Yes, it's brand new, but I couldn't help myself. I'm pleased with it so far. I'm finding it very stable and each night there's been additional enhancements. I like what eschelon has been doing and updating it along the way. It's getting better and better.

I've also been running the new I5 radio. All I can say is that it works. Is it better than the HE radio? I don't know, but it's certainly not worse. Perhaps someone else has more insight into it.

Paladin2016

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Using the the newest modem. I'm happy with the results.

Still using CleanRom 4, de-odexed, omg ultimate themes, stock kernel.

Currently unable to connect my phone via usb to download all my photos. That was annoying this afternoon.

Really enjoying Scotts Roms but going to try maybe Jellywiz to compare these builds.

Sent from my Holy Weapon of Retribution... Galaxy S3.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's the way to get rid of the Help Notifications. Open your Apps list. Then click Help>Scroll to bottom>Show help tip pop-ups>Uncheck the appropriate boxes.

That will get rid of the help pop-ups for you in Synergy JB.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
The issue I'm having with the notifications is that unchecking the option does nothing.

Clean wiped and everything. This seems like a prevalent issue though, I've seen several users inquire about this.

Edit: Supposedly this works. Fingers crossed!:

It's been discussed several times. Use TiB to "freeze" Help and both Setup Wizards.

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried synergy and jellywiz last night and there were a few annoyances. synergy was missing talk, but there was a flashable zip available. with both, wireless tether didn't work at all. I couldn't seem to get the hotspot to work either. I also tried to restore my apps using TiB's flashable zip and I ended up having to re-install a few apps. not sure if it was because of TiB or the ROM though. I did get the best LTE speeds ever on synergy tho, 44Mbit down and 22Mbit up. on AOKP it was about half of that, but that's still fast.