Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By the1m.polo
  • 1 Post By Neverender326
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default VZW JB Leak to the Dev's

Yipee! It was leaked yesterday - the Verizon Jelly Bean OS. It's made it to the developers, so we should start seeing some functional Jelly Bean versions coming pretty soon instead of the cross provider versions that don't translate too well to VZW. The Jelly Bean version is: 4.1.1 I535VRBLI5

I know Eschelon (Synergy) got it and is working on it. One thing he noted was that the English words were spelled in UK/Australian ways. He'll be changing that over as well as clearing out the usual VZW worthless stuff.

I'll still probably wait for a little bit before installing it. I just want to avoid some of the initial birthing pains that comes with all the ROMs at the start.

Here's the announcement. The info is in post 9543, 9547 and 9549: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...92499&page=955

Default Re: VZW JB Leak to the Dev's

Hoping this gets built around a CM10 based ROM!

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

I'm running Scotts (Clean ROM) version of this leak that came out today. So far so great. So far it feels as fast as CM10. Check it out on xda.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CleanRom 4/Stock Kernel

Using Scott's 4.1 as well... no issues other than the damn Wifi alert/notification.

Installed the mod for increased icons on the screen. Looks great as well.

Sent from my S3 Paladin using Android Central Forums.
    My Holy Weapon of Retribution... the S3.
    Rooted with CleanRom 4.1 and TW 5x6 Laucher

Can anyone confirm that NFL Mobile is working on these JB ROMS?

I use flashed the latest Synergy ROM which incorporates this leak... It's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin2016 View Post
    Using Scott's 4.1 as well... no issues other than the damn Wifi alert/notification.

Installed the mod for increased icons on the screen. Looks great as well.

Sent from my S3 Paladin using Android Central Forums.
    Did you uncheck the WIFI notification in wireless settings?
    Steve

ROM
    CleanRom 4/Stock Kernel

I did and nothing changed... though there are some things I'm learning to do. I've flashed three times now because I keep messing with Google Wallet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CleanRom 4/Stock Kernel

VZW JB Leak to the Dev's-uploadfromtaptalk1351924603330.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

NFL Mobile confirmed working on Synergy JB. However I realized just how much I can't stand TW so I went straight back to Paranoid 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverender326 View Post
    NFL Mobile confirmed working on Synergy JB. However I realized just how much I can't stand TW so I went straight back to Paranoid 2.5.

Man I actually didn't mind Touchwiz... Until I've started running paranoid.... Idk... I'm missing some things like the video app, smart alert, screen stay, direct call, the camera app... All on Touchwiz.... But other than that I'm staying... I need a Rom like paranoid to add these features and... Man!!!! I'll pay for that honestly

Sent from my GS3....
    clintw22 likes this.

After PA everything else just seems so "big"

the1m.polo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverender326 View Post
    After PA everything else just seems so "big"

We should stay on topic.

Has anyone tried more than one JB leak based ROM? I'm noticing a couple software bugs with Synergy (the 'help' notifications on the lockscreen won't go away).

Has anyone flashed the new modem VRBLI5?

Switched over to JellyWiz ROM last night and still get the notification error.

At least BeyondPod now works.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Actually, the Help notifications go away. You just have to check the boxes to keep them from showing up. Now the question is, which boxes? It's been a few days so I need to look again to figure it out.

I've been running Synergy JB for a couple days now . . . and lovin' it. Yes, it's brand new, but I couldn't help myself. I'm pleased with it so far. I'm finding it very stable and each night there's been additional enhancements. I like what eschelon has been doing and updating it along the way. It's getting better and better.

I've also been running the new I5 radio. All I can say is that it works. Is it better than the HE radio? I don't know, but it's certainly not worse. Perhaps someone else has more insight into it.

ROM
    CleanRom 4/Stock Kernel

Using the the newest modem. I'm happy with the results.

Still using CleanRom 4, de-odexed, omg ultimate themes, stock kernel.

Currently unable to connect my phone via usb to download all my photos. That was annoying this afternoon.

Really enjoying Scotts Roms but going to try maybe Jellywiz to compare these builds.

Sent from my Holy Weapon of Retribution... Galaxy S3.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Here's the way to get rid of the Help Notifications. Open your Apps list. Then click Help>Scroll to bottom>Show help tip pop-ups>Uncheck the appropriate boxes.

That will get rid of the help pop-ups for you in Synergy JB.

The issue I'm having with the notifications is that unchecking the option does nothing.

Clean wiped and everything. This seems like a prevalent issue though, I've seen several users inquire about this.

Edit: Supposedly this works. Fingers crossed!:

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    It's been discussed several times. Use TiB to "freeze" Help and both Setup Wizards.

Finally got around to loading CleanROM 4.0 last night....wow, what a great ROM! Haven't noticed any major bugs yet and everything seems to be running great. If you want a "close to stock" TW ROM to try out JB, this is one I'd definitely recommend.

[ROM][11/3] - CleanROM 4.0 -★| The CleanBEAN is here! | Full Aroma Install |★- - xda-developers
    (check 2nd post for a mod to remove wifi annoyance)

I tried synergy and jellywiz last night and there were a few annoyances. synergy was missing talk, but there was a flashable zip available. with both, wireless tether didn't work at all. I couldn't seem to get the hotspot to work either. I also tried to restore my apps using TiB's flashable zip and I ended up having to re-install a few apps. not sure if it was because of TiB or the ROM though. I did get the best LTE speeds ever on synergy tho, 44Mbit down and 22Mbit up. on AOKP it was about half of that, but that's still fast.

There's supposed to be an even newer leak: I535VRBLJ1

That's really fast? 44MBPS? geez. I'm lucky to get 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung.Galaxy.S3 View Post
    There's supposed to be an even newer leak: I535VRBLJ1
    I tried the Jellywiz build of it last night. It way pretty buggy (gallery didn't work, lockscreen was not ledgable) but these issues were with the ROM, not the base. Seems like the biggest adjustments were to the rpm/modem. I was getting a pretty good and steady 3G connection. That wasn't the case with the last modem (data drops, slow downs). I take it like this; J1 seems like a near complete public release, at least 95% stable if not highed. I Odin'd back to stock rooted and now idly await the official release. It's gotta be right around the corner. Releasing Jelly Bean around Christmas and advertising the crap out of it would more than likely elevate the hell out of Verizon's sales. I can smell the cheesy Christmas morning themed commercials now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    I tried the Jellywiz build of it last night. It way pretty buggy (gallery didn't work, lockscreen was not ledgable) but these issues were with the ROM, not the base. Seems like the biggest adjustments were to the rpm/modem. I was getting a pretty good and steady 3G connection. That wasn't the case with the last modem (data drops, slow downs). I take it like this; J1 seems like a near complete public release, at least 95% stable if not highed. I Odin'd back to stock rooted and now idly await the official release. It's gotta be right around the corner. Releasing Jelly Bean around Christmas and advertising the crap out of it would more than likely elevate the hell out of Verizon's sales. I can smell the cheesy Christmas morning themed commercials now.

I suggest taking a look at Scott's latest CleanROM. Also if you wait for the OTA there will probably be the locked bootloader to deal with. The first JB leak was locked and the current root and unlock methods didn't work.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sfobrien View Post
    I suggest taking a look at Scott's latest CleanROM. Also if you wait for the OTA there will probably be the locked bootloader to deal with. The first JB leak was locked and the current root and unlock methods didn't work.
    I'm not sweatin' it.