Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3: "Device Status: Modified"

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) running Stock 4.0.4. The Baseband Version is I535VRLG7. I have rooted my phone but have not unlocked the bootloader. Nothing more than simply rooted. I have Titanium Backup blocking the Verizon update (newest). I was curious if anyone has also noticed the "Device Status: Modified" in the phone system settings. Is there a way to clear/reset this? I would assume that unrooting the phone then factor re-setting might put the Device Status back to "normal."

I just want to know if there is something out there that can put my phone back to "normal" status while keeping it rooted.

Take a look at the pics, they are of my phone

Verizon_GalaxyS3_Modified2.png Verizon_GalaxyS3_Modified.jpg

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try Triangle Away from the Play Store? Not sure if resetting the flash counter will effect that state. Regardless, you HAVE modified your device and should wear that as a badge of rebellious honor. If you were to Odin and return to stock the status would return to whatever it was before, but why unroot to change a line of text you will hardly ever see?

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I wear it proudly, trust me on that. I just never noticed it before and was curious if anyone else has came across it and messed around with it. I have used Triangle Away already, works like a charm but did not effect my Device Status (Kudos to ChainFire!)

Thanks for the reply mate. Now I have to figure out whether or not I want to pop a ROM on my phone.

hassannd

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
When it says modified under status, you will not be able to update your firmware anymore? How does it really become modified? Lots said about rebooting, placing a SD memory card or even replacing the battery? Is it a bug with GS3 or what? Are we allowed to update our firmware or not? Lots say that when updating even if successfully lots of problems pop up mainly battery consumption and black screen... Any comments?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463