1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help!

Okay. I just got my gs3 rooted using debugfs based root for gs3. I'm on it now.

I downloaded Rom tool box. Superuser. Ezunlock bootloader. And ota rootkeeper. And busy box.

Verizon is pushing through an ota update. It went into bootloader mood and came up with an signature verification error. Update failed. Phone rebooted but with an unlocked lock symbol at start up. It works fine. But I can't update. Nor does debugfs work. Phone says modified but ota rootkeeper says not rooted. But I can use rooted apps? Plus I downloaded Odin 307 and the needed files to flash back to stock. I'm ether not doing something wrong or my phone is screwed with this Damn root not root mode.

Help I wanna update my poor phone! ; (
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Please help!

Any ideas anyone? I just tried to do it again. Here are the screen shots

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help!-uploadfromtaptalk1352524485002.jpg   Please help!-uploadfromtaptalk1352524506719.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Upside down...reallllllly omg

Take a step back and breathe. When you did the OTA where you a custom ROM or stock rooted? Did you unlock your bootloader using the EZ Bootloader app from play store because if you did that causes problems as the newest versions do not work. Did you ensure that you where rooted before hand by updating the SU binary afterwards?

If you phone will not boot, follow my guide in the stickies on how to return to stock. Assuming you can boot up and get into download mode which I don't see why you wouldn't be able to you should be able to get your working phone back.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It was rooted with stock and not updated. But I did put a few things on the phone via Rom manager pro. Plus droid over clock. I had a back up recovery via the ezine recovery for gs3. I had busy box. And superuser. And a few others.

I rooted with debugfs.

But now the updates say what it says in the picture above. Plus my device says modified but apps say device not rooted but I can use rooted apps lol button savior.

Plus debugfs does not work now. Says file not found or can't open

It boots in to Rom manager bootloader. And I can select options plus restart phone. Phone works great still fyi

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Where are the stickies?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

GOT IT! IM GOOD NOW.

SO WHATS UP WITH THIS JELLYBEAN LEAK? =p