Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By creccaj1
  • 1 Post By R3CKL355 420
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues with cwm, probably an easy fix

So anytime I try to apply an update from external SD in CWM, I get this. I have tried with different files, and still get the same result. Any help appreciated
    This is what I see in red

E: signature verification failed

Sent from my rooted SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Issues with cwm, probably an easy fix

After paying a little more attention, I realized I wasn't even in cwm, I was in android backup or whatever, so does anyone else bounce out of clockworkmod for no reason?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks guys, you are so awesome, tons of support here

Quote Originally Posted by R3CKL355 420 View Post
    Thanks guys, you are so awesome, tons of support here

A little more information would be useful here like what version of CWM are you running? Could be an issue with the CWM you have installed and what you are trying to flash in CWM? If you weren't even in CWM what did you do to get into Android Backup?

Quote Originally Posted by R3CKL355 420 View Post
    After paying a little more attention, I realized I wasn't even in cwm, I was in android backup or whatever, so does anyone else bounce out of clockworkmod for no reason?

It appeared you solved your own problem

I don't even know what you're referring to

No

I help when I can, but these are all very valid reasons to NOT respond to a post...primarily the first one. If you're still having issues, you need to provide more details.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I believe I fixed it, just flashed CWM again. I was a little drunk during that first post.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by R3CKL355 420; 11-14-2012 at 08:26 AM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    A little more information would be useful here like what version of CWM are you running? Could be an issue with the CWM you have installed and what you are trying to flash in CWM? If you weren't even in CWM what did you do to get into Android Backup?
    1. CWM 6.0.1.2
    2. I'm not sure what the deal is with my CMW, when I try to boot into it, it takes me to Android Recovery. I was trying to flash the WiFi toggle from an xda thread.
    3. I shut the phone off, held vol up + home + power. It takes me to something similar to CWM, but its called android recovery.
    I'll snap a pic for you.

Basically every time I want to boot into CWM, I have to flash it right before I reboot into recovery.

Sent from my S3 pip-boy
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Issues with cwm, probably an easy fix-uploadfromtaptalk1352904751372.jpg

Sent from my S3 pip-boy

You don't have CWM installed then. If you are pressing Vol Up, Home and Power at the same time that will bring you to whatever recovery you have on your device (default being Android Recovery if nothing else was installed). Whatever you use to install CWM did not install properly. What did you use to install CWM?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

You don't have CWM installed then. If you are pressing Vol Up, Home and Power at the same time that will bring you to whatever recovery you have on your device (default being Android Recovery if nothing else was installed). Whatever you use to install CWM did not install properly. What did you use to install CWM?
    I used ROM Manager 5.0.2.3.
    What's odd is if I flash it, the reboot to recovery, it goes to CWM, but if I don't flash it, I go back to stock recovery.

Any tips on getting it to stick or maybe different recovery?

Sent from my S3 pip-boy

Get a different recovery. Download goo.im from the play store and click the settings button and select Download OpenScriptRecovery. This will flash TWRP which in my opinion is a much better recovery.
    Thanked by 2:
    R3CKL355 420 likes this.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

im actually having the same E: signature verification failed with whatever I try to flash. I'm using TWRP. I was on cm10 and got it trying to flash a new rom, then tried a nandroid of a TW clean rom LE and i got same. not sure whats up. it's been this way for a few days with whatever i've tried to flash. I am only able to load nandroids of whatever is on my SD. Any idea? Is this the flash counter issue i've heard about? Thanks in advance.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Get a different recovery. Download goo.im from the play store and click the settings button and select Download OpenScriptRecovery. This will flash TWRP which in my opinion is a much better recovery.
    That's exactly what I did, then I flashed jellywiz, I couldn't be happier and TWRP actually works!!

Sent from my JBS3
    creccaj1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cvo515 View Post
    im actually having the same E: signature verification failed with whatever I try to flash. I'm using TWRP. I was on cm10 and got it trying to flash a new rom, then tried a nandroid of a TW clean rom LE and i got same. not sure whats up. it's been this way for a few days with whatever i've tried to flash. I am only able to load nandroids of whatever is on my SD. Any idea? Is this the flash counter issue i've heard about? Thanks in advance.
    How many have you flashed? When I was using the GS3 I flashed at least 25-30 ROMs on one and didn't run into and issue. I don't see how that would cause an issue from flashing a new ROM the flash counter is mainly for Samsung to use to see how many different customs ROMs where flashed on the phone.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

How many have you flashed? When I was using the GS3 I flashed at least 25-30 ROMs on one and didn't run into and issue. I don't see how that would cause an issue from flashing a new ROM the flash counter is mainly for Samsung to use to see how many different customs ROMs where flashed on the phone.
    Figured it out. Had to uncheck verify signature before flashing in twrp. Thanks for help. And I don't flash a crazy amount. But enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by cvo515 View Post
    Figured it out. Had to uncheck verify signature before flashing in twrp. Thanks for help. And I don't flash a crazy amount. But enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    That'll do it
    Thanked by:
    cvo515 

i was unable to find open script recovery in goo.im what should i preffer to solve this problem of getting signature verification failed

deepmishu,
    Once you install Goo, open it and then press the Menu button - one of the options is to "Install OpenRecoveryScript" Issues with cwm, probably an easy fix-uploadfromtaptalk1368994277203.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2