1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Rooting S3 [General Questions... ]

Hey there, I finally upgraded to an S3 (on Verizon) from my D2G (R.I.P). I was thinking about rooting, and I had one question about it.

Does the ODIN method work on baseband version I535VRLHE? Or should I FDR and go back to the old and then root? And while I'm at it, what are some good ROMs to run? I hate that Verizon has the ongoing notification about Wi-Fi, Can i get that in the status bar with the other services? (GPS, Mobile Data, Bluetooth etc)

I appreciate the time thanks

ROM
    CM10 M1

Default Re: Rooting S3 [General Questions... ]

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatchi87 View Post
    Hey there, I finally upgraded to an S3 (on Verizon) from my D2G (R.I.P). I was thinking about rooting, and I had one question about it.

Does the ODIN method work on baseband version I535VRLHE? Or should I FDR and go back to the old and then root? And while I'm at it, what are some good ROMs to run? I hate that Verizon has the ongoing notification about Wi-Fi, Can i get that in the status bar with the other services? (GPS, Mobile Data, Bluetooth etc)

I appreciate the time thanks
    I can't answer any questions about using Odin or anything because I rooted my s3 off release and my knowledge with that is poor at this point. Some good ROMs I recommend are CM10, AOKP(stock android jellybean) and Synergy,Cleanrom if you want it to look like stock touchwiz but still have some jellybean features. With all these ROMs you can customize toggles and toggle order in the notification bar. For the ROMs I've been running CM10 for 2 months and I love it. It ends up being personal preference as to which ROM fits you best.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums