CM10 ROM bloatware

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to get rid of some bloatware after flashing the cm10 ROM by cyanogen. Does anyone know what bloatware is not important that I can get rid of? I don't want to uninstall anything important to the ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What bloat are you referring to as CM ROMs are normally just stock vanilla android apps.

Anything you don't want you can remove using ES File Explorer or even Titanium Backup to freeze/remove apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't flashed any of the newer CM builds but the only stuff on there that I can see you not wanting is possibly Apollo? I don't think they add anything else really. Care to share a list of what you consider bloat?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't flashed any of the newer CM builds but the only stuff on there that I can see you not wanting is possibly Apollo? I don't think they add anything else really. Care to share a list of what you consider bloat?

you are exactly right, I just actually uninstalled Apollo because it sucks compared to google play music app. Thanks, wasn't sure if anything else was preinstalled with cm10 but looks like that is all for now.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
you are exactly right, I just actually uninstalled Apollo because it sucks compared to google play music app. Thanks, wasn't sure if anything else was preinstalled with cm10 but looks like that is all for now.

Just freeze it with Titanium Backup then. No issues if you don't use it.

Cappurnikus

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I've not used Apollo but I believe it is for playing locally stored music whereas play music streams from Google. Outside of playing music, each has its own function.
Also, I'm not certain that Apollo would be considered bloatware as it has a purpose and doesn't require excessive disk space or memory.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan