Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CM10 ROM bloatware

I want to get rid of some bloatware after flashing the cm10 ROM by cyanogen. Does anyone know what bloatware is not important that I can get rid of? I don't want to uninstall anything important to the ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: CM10 ROM bloatware

What bloat are you referring to as CM ROMs are normally just stock vanilla android apps.

Anything you don't want you can remove using ES File Explorer or even Titanium Backup to freeze/remove apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    creccaj1 likes this.

I haven't flashed any of the newer CM builds but the only stuff on there that I can see you not wanting is possibly Apollo? I don't think they add anything else really. Care to share a list of what you consider bloat?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    I haven't flashed any of the newer CM builds but the only stuff on there that I can see you not wanting is possibly Apollo? I don't think they add anything else really. Care to share a list of what you consider bloat?
    you are exactly right, I just actually uninstalled Apollo because it sucks compared to google play music app. Thanks, wasn't sure if anything else was preinstalled with cm10 but looks like that is all for now.

Quote Originally Posted by popkurn611 View Post
    you are exactly right, I just actually uninstalled Apollo because it sucks compared to google play music app. Thanks, wasn't sure if anything else was preinstalled with cm10 but looks like that is all for now.
    Just freeze it with Titanium Backup then. No issues if you don't use it.

I've not used Apollo but I believe it is for playing locally stored music whereas play music streams from Google. Outside of playing music, each has its own function.
    Also, I'm not certain that Apollo would be considered bloatware as it has a purpose and doesn't require excessive disk space or memory.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2