Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Default Re: Beans ROM

Quote Originally Posted by gregurbo1 View Post
    You got a link to the ROM...?...edit..I found it. Let me know if you like it, I don't use stock email anyways..I use gmail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I hated that ROM tbh jumped off it right away.....now I'm running pure aosp 4.2.1. He built it from straight source code. I'm sure he had help from cyanogenmod but this ROM has been amazing so far. Fastest ROM I've ran by far and away. The bugs present are not deal breaking by any means from what I've seen so far anyway. The only hang up I had was activating and it was stuck in roaming which made it impossible to call or text. The fix is easy just by switching to CDMA then back to LTE and switching from NV to The other Sim option then reboot. 100 percent worth the hassle in my opinion. Plus my battery life is unreal so far.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    I hated that ROM tbh jumped off it right away.....now I'm running pure aosp 4.2.1. He built it from straight source code. I'm sure he had help from cyanogenmod but this ROM has been amazing so far. Fastest ROM I've ran by far and away. The bugs present are not deal breaking by any means from what I've seen so far anyway. The only hang up I had was activating and it was stuck in roaming which made it impossible to call or text. The fix is easy just by switching to CDMA then back to LTE and switching from NV to The other Sim option then reboot. 100 percent worth the hassle in my opinion. Plus my battery life is unreal so far.

Oh yeah....You got a link to that Rom..? Beans build 8 came out this morning. Best one yet!! I'm still afraid to flash a 4.2 ROM...Just waiting for it to come out of beta...

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Oh yeah....You got a link to that Rom..? Beans build 8 came out this morning. Best one yet!! I'm still afraid to flash a 4.2 ROM...Just waiting for it to come out of beta...

Yeah I'll link you...I saw beans build 8 review looks really great. I'm telling you this 4.2 ROM is hands down the fastest ROM I've ever ran. The only thing that kind of sucks is that there is no reboot option to recovery or quick toggles. It is like it says pure aosp. Make sure you read the thread good for it on xda if you flash. You'll have to bypass activation and do the whole roaming fix thing I was talking about earlier so it doesn't sit in roaming. I promise you it is 100% worth the time I love it.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

ROM
    CM10 M1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066467

I'll just give you the xda link ull need to flash his gapps with it apparently they are different. Also Bluetooth does not work apparently so if you use that you'll probably want to wait for a fix. Either way you should give it a shot just to see the speed of this thing. Something weird I've found about it that doesn't make sense is how bad it benchmarks....I was getting like 3900 in quadrant lol idk.

Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066467

I'll just give you the xda link ull need to flash his gapps with it apparently they are different. Also Bluetooth does not work apparently so if you use that you'll probably want to wait for a fix. Either way you should give it a shot just to see the speed of this thing. Something weird I've found about it that doesn't make sense is how bad it benchmarks....I was getting like 3900 in quadrant lol idk.

I've been reading the thread. Still haven't flashed yet though. Does your GPS and Google Now work for you..? How is YouTube..?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

ROM
    CM10 M1

I've been reading the thread. Still haven't flashed yet though. Does your GPS and Google Now work for you..? How is YouTube..?

YouTube works....Google now shows me cards that aren't dealing with gps ....tells me to turn on Google location services even though they are already on. However GPS and navigation work fine I used them for an hour yesterday

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

YouTube works....Google now shows me cards that aren't dealing with gps ....tells me to turn on Google location services even though they are already on. However GPS and navigation work fine I used them for an hour yesterday

Just installed it...setting up my apps now!

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Can't believe I'm running 4.2.1

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Can't believe I'm running 4.2.1

Its so sick

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Its so sick

Ok , you inspired me to try other 4.2.1 Roms. I just installed LiquidSmooth beta 2. Wow.. Much better. Gps , Google now and browser find me know problem. So far this ROM is kick ***. Plus you get all your power button short cuts. I have a little more testing but the things you were missing are here.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Ok , you inspired me to try other 4.2.1 Roms. I just installed LiquidSmooth beta 2. Wow.. Much better. Gps , Google now and browser find me know problem. So far this ROM is kick ***. Plus you get all your power button short cuts. I have a little more testing but the things you were missing are here.

I'm just skeptical about flashing another 4.2 ROM because the speed in this one by far and away is the fastest I've ever encountered I cannot get it to lag or anything its so fluid and I love that about roms

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

I'm just skeptical about flashing another 4.2 ROM because the speed in this one by far and away is the fastest I've ever encountered I cannot get it to lag or anything its so fluid and I love that about roms

It must be 4.2 all together...this ROM is fast.. I haven't experienced any bugs yet. I don't know what I want to do though...the one thing I have noticed with all aosp Roms is data isn't as good as TW. It gets a little wonky. Part of me wants to ride these Roms out and the other part of me is thinking about going back to TW. I definitely like aosp a lot better but TW just works...

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

ROM
    CM10 M1

It must be 4.2 all together...this ROM is fast.. I haven't experienced any bugs yet. I don't know what I want to do though...the one thing I have noticed with all aosp Roms is data isn't as good as TW. It gets a little wonky. Part of me wants to ride these Roms out and the other part of me is thinking about going back to TW. I definitely like aosp a lot better but TW just works...

Stick on 4.2 with me! I just needed a change from touch wiz even though I was using beans I got tired of it. Nova wasn't running fast over the top of it for some reason.

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Stick on 4.2 with me! I just needed a change from touch wiz even though I was using beans I got tired of it. Nova wasn't running fast over the top of it for some reason.

You are not gonna believe what I did....I odined back to stock JellyBean. Its been so long that I have been stock that I wanted to see what it was like. Gonna test battery life and data signal vs custom....JellyBean is not that bad on here stock. But I am already missing some custom functions. Gonna give it a few days before I root again.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

ROM
    CM10 M1

You are not gonna believe what I did....I odined back to stock JellyBean. Its been so long that I have been stock that I wanted to see what it was like. Gonna test battery life and data signal vs custom....JellyBean is not that bad on here stock. But I am already missing some custom functions. Gonna give it a few days before I root again.

Lol how long did that take?....I don't want to have to reroot or anything. I'm trying out liquid right now. Still liking pure aosp ROM a bit better so far idk why

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Also trying liquid.... The verdict is....pure aosp is much faster I can tell. When they get GPS figured out it will probably be my daily driver for months I love it.

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Lol how long did that take?....I don't want to have to reroot or anything. I'm trying out liquid right now. Still liking pure aosp ROM a bit better so far idk why

It didn't take to long but when Odin got done flashing the phone it is supposed to automatically reboot and mine just hung there on Verizon's boot screen for like 10 minutes. So I unplugged it from the computer and pulled the battery. Tried to reboot and it just hung there at that screen again. I was like, F@#k!!!! So, I rebooted into the stock recovery and wiped everything and tried to reboot again and it worked...I don't understand why that worked though...I thought I was going to have to do a nandriod backup. I hate using that Odin 3.07 on the computer.
    So far being stock again...battery life sucks.. I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

ROM
    CM10 M1

It didn't take to long but when Odin got done flashing the phone it is supposed to automatically reboot and mine just hung there on Verizon's boot screen for like 10 minutes. So I unplugged it from the computer and pulled the battery. Tried to reboot and it just hung there at that screen again. I was like, F@#k!!!! So, I rebooted into the stock recovery and wiped everything and tried to reboot again and it worked...I don't understand why that worked though...I thought I was going to have to do a nandriod backup. I hate using that Odin 3.07 on the computer.
    So far being stock again...battery life sucks.. I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

Lol yeah I have never used Odin even when there was a root method using it. I have it on my computer but never touched it because I found a one click root video back in the day. So you have to reroot and unlock the boot loader again I take it?

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Lol yeah I have never used Odin even when there was a root method using it. I have it on my computer but never touched it because I found a one click root video back in the day. So you have to reroot and unlock the boot loader again I take it?
    Yep...one click doesn't work anymore either. You have to use Odin. Today my phone and texting stopped working. But I have data..I have to go to Verizon in the morning.

Yep...one click doesn't work anymore either. You have to use Odin. Today my phone and texting stopped working. But I have data..I have to go to Verizon in the morning.

Good thing you went back to stock. Also could have been a bad flash.

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by blade22222 View Post
    Good thing you went back to stock. Also could have been a bad flash.

It worked the first day just fine. Today I went to make a call and nothing..then I tried to text and nothing..but I can use it to write this. .Doesn't make sense. Think I have a bad sim card.

Are you in global mode? If so go into your settings under network go to more settings then mobile networks, preferred network. Change it to lte/cdma. Worth a shot.

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Are you in global mode? If so go into your settings under network go to more settings then mobile networks, preferred network. Change it to lte/cdma. Worth a shot.

Yeah, I tired that..no luck..even pulled the sim a couple times and nothing. I don't understand it....

How did it go with Verizon?

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

How did it go with Verizon?

Just got back..The factory warranty covered it. They are going to send me a new phone from the factory . The techies came out of the back and we're telling me they never seen anything like this problem before . Lol. After about an hour of them trying to figure out the problem they were kind of giving me that look like they new what I was doing with the phone. I think you were right about it being a bad flash..I should of tried to just re root it. Oh well, I get a new one in a few days. For now I'm stuck with this crap loaner phone...

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast