Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Beans ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    Just patiently waiting for the new build of pure aosp.........

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    I've been running Build 8 for a week+ and love it. Definitely my favorite ROM for the GSIII.

Galaxy S3 - Thanks Appreciated!
    My Podcast-http://bit.ly/WWSXbz
    My Blog-http://bit.ly/SrqMNr
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #127  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    I've been running Build 8 for a week+ and love it. Definitely my favorite ROM for the GSIII.

Beans ROM is phenomenal.... Great battery life, great theming, smooth, and everything works. Beans over synergy any day of the week if you ask me. I've been crack flashing like crazy lately so I went back to aosp but beans is my ROM of choice when it comes to tw based Roms.

Beans ROM is the best, hands down, in almost every aspect (speed, battery life, etc.) I'm on Build 8 right now. Build 9 should be up by later tonight. Added a few features (multi-window being one) . Anyway, that is my opinion.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #129  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by RyanYaddow View Post
    Beans ROM is the best, hands down, in almost every aspect (speed, battery life, etc.) I'm on Build 8 right now. Build 9 should be up by later tonight. Added a few features (multi-window being one) . Anyway, that is my opinion.
    Multi window wow I'm flashing

Yea might have to flash that one myself.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #131  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Anyone want to supply me with a link to build 9?....each one I've tried hasn't worked and it says uploading on xda

Go to page and click big red download link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1973982

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just switched from GalaxyMod. Way way better battery life on beans. I'm stucking here.

Digital High Fives.

I just rooted for the first time last weekend. I flashed CleanRom 5.6 and really enjoy the greater freedom. Ultimately I'd like to try out a good AOSP ROM and Beans looks like a good candidate for a daily driver phone. I'm curious to see what people's experience with build 9 is like!

One question...Is the 4.2 camera/gallery included?

It's pretty sweet. AOSP Lockscreen, system theme, ui sounds and messaging app with quick reply. I'm having trouble on changing the Lockscreen for the AOSP screen. I can't get it to change

Digital High Fives.

Also I keep getting FC with the stock camera. Not sure if it's the rom or an error on my end

Digital High Fives.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #137  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    I just rooted for the first time last weekend. I flashed CleanRom 5.6 and really enjoy the greater freedom. Ultimately I'd like to try out a good AOSP ROM and Beans looks like a good candidate for a daily driver phone. I'm curious to see what people's experience with build 9 is like!

One question...Is the 4.2 camera/gallery included?
    Beans isn't actually aosp its just themed that way.

Thanks. The learning curve for rooting isn't quite as steep as I thought it'd be. There's still a lot to figure out though.

Getting off topic, but I might check out a stable version Liquidsmooth next.

Glad there's an update out. My phone has been running like crap today at random. Have it overclocked right now and it's running smooth, but a fresh flash may be necessary to fix this.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #140  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    Thanks. The learning curve for rooting isn't quite as steep as I thought it'd be. There's still a lot to figure out though.

Getting off topic, but I might check out a stable version Liquidsmooth next.
    If you are new to all this I would probably recommend staying away from 4.2 Roms in case you lose data. It has happened to a few people. I'd try beans or maybe cm10 10.0 stable release.

Anyone try The Executioner 2.5 ? How does it compare to Beans??? Just curious
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #142  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fitzpatrick View Post
    Anyone try The Executioner 2.5 ? How does it compare to Beans??? Just curious
    Heard it's a good ROM never did test it. I recommend checking out Android University on YouTube. He has done reviews on all these different Roms mainly the touchwiz based ones such as synergy, beans, and now executioner.

Seems like folks are having issues with B9. I reverted back to a stock backup for the time being. Kinda burnt on flashing/restoring at the moment.

I did at first. Camera kept FC and so did the phone and clock. But I turned off voice options for them in s voice and BAM! Golden pony boy.

Digital High Fives.

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Well I still haven't rooted yet since I got my replacement phone. I have to say that jelly bean is really nice on a stock device. Of course I am using Nova though to get that aosp look and feel. I have also found a lot of 4.2 apps in the Play Store to help with the experience. One other thing that's really nice is reception and data. When I was rooted I was always flashing different modems to see what gave me the best data(more bars). Some worked better than others. But since going back to stock I have noticed how much more stable everything is. And I like that. About the only thing I miss is the flashing part and using Google Wallet. And waiting for that next build. But to be honest this phone is kick *** without doing all that. I might root again someday, but for now I'm very happy with my current set up.

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beans ROM-uploadfromtaptalk1358405666058.jpg  

Been on beans build 9 with lean kernel 1.7 for a few days now. I'm getting fantastic better life and no glitches. Initially I was getting force closes but disabled control apps in S Voice setting now it's golden.

Digital High Fives.

ROM
    CM10/Stock CM Kernel

CM10.1 M1 is out....

I was reading that S-Voice was causing issues. I've just been using Google Now. I never really liked S-Voice, even after the improvements. Although to its credit, it does know how much wood a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

I'm running lean kernel (tw) 1.6. If I wanted to try 1.7 do I just flash after wiping cache and delvik? There's no need to do factory reset and reflash the ROM right? Never mind. I found the answer.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #150  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by gregurbo1 View Post
    CM10.1 M1 is out....

I'm still digging pure aosp on the 2nd build now

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast