Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Beans ROM

Running cleanrom 5.6 here, not bad no bug at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Delete.

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    I'm still digging pure aosp on the 2nd build now

How's the bluetooth audio on that? I had tried Liquidsmooth 4.1 rc9 over the weekend. Everything worked fine with the exception of bluetooth. There were a lot of skips in the playback and the sound quality was awful. It was all tinny with no bass whatsoever.

I've been on Beans build 9 for almost a week now with Nova launcher. I ran beans kernel and then leankernel 1.7 undervolted. I haven't run into any problems. Signal quality is good. Battery drain on lk 1.7 when not in use is about 3.5%/hour. That's about what I had with stock TW 4.1 running juice defender. Bluetooth sound quality is great and there's far fewer skips in the music. I'm guessing the sound buffer isn't big enough. The note 2 camera and gallery are good too. I'd choose a samsung camera over aosp. That's the one thing I'd hate to give up.

I think Beans said a new build is on the way. This one is working great for me though. The video at android university helped me avoid some of the issues others are having.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #154  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    How's the bluetooth audio on that? I had tried Liquidsmooth 4.1 rc9 over the weekend. Everything worked fine with the exception of bluetooth. There were a lot of skips in the playback and the sound quality was awful. It was all tinny with no bass whatsoever.

I've been on Beans build 9 for almost a week now with Nova launcher. I ran beans kernel and then leankernel 1.7 undervolted. I haven't run into any problems. Signal quality is good. Battery drain on lk 1.7 when not in use is about 3.5%/hour. That's about what I had with stock TW 4.1 running juice defender. Bluetooth sound quality is great and there's far fewer skips in the music. I'm guessing the sound buffer isn't big enough. The note 2 camera and gallery are good too. I'd choose a samsung camera over aosp. That's the one thing I'd hate to give up.

I think Beans said a new build is on the way. This one is working great for me though. The video at android university helped me avoid some of the issues others are having.

I believe Bluetooth audio is still a problem. Pure aosp is tons faster than the other aosp roms. Also you know juice defender doesn't even really save you battery right?... The power to have it on running takes up the battery you save.

Also you know juice defender doesn't even really save you battery right?... The power to have it on running takes up the battery you save.
    I suppose it depends on how you set it up. When I had JD running had had the sync interval set to no less than 15 minutes with a 30 sec. duration. I also had wifi off based on location. A 5 minute sync interval was about the same or worse than not using JD at all. 30 minute interval did reduce battery usage. You have to tweak it though. The problem with all that is that it defeats some of the benefits of having a smart phone. Right now I'm happy to have my cake an eat it too.

If bluetooth audio were better quality, I'd probably go with AOSP. I don't use any of the TW features except the camera and I do enjoy the Beans AOSP-like theme.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #156  

ROM
    CM10 M1

If anyone here on beans wants to switch to aosp I recommend AOKP newest release of 4.2. Its just as fast as pure aosp and it has all the added extras. Plus I got 17 hours of battery life with 3 on screen yesterday.

Does that have the pop up included in the SMS app?I think I recently tried that and it didn't so I jumped to liquid smooth.I can't recall for sure though.

Like so much fonzy.

If anyone here on beans wants to switch to aosp I recommend AOKP newest release of 4.2. Its just as fast as pure aosp and it has all the added extras. Plus I got 17 hours of battery life with 3 on screen yesterday.
    That's excellent. I've been considering trying aopk and cm10.1 for a bit, but the only hangup I have is the a2dp.

I flashed Baked Blackbean 7 yesterday to try out 4.2. A2DP works good, which seems to be a problem with most 4.2 builds out there now. I need some more time with it to really get a feel for how well it works, but from what I've seen, I could use this on a daily basis.

The only problems I've found are that bluetooth can hang sometimes if you cycle it on/off and the hold "back" to kill all apps is way too sensitive. So, just minor stuff really.
    Last edited by Wnrgway; 01-27-2013 at 06:54 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #159  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by truthfamilyfaith View Post
    Does that have the pop up included in the SMS app?I think I recently tried that and it didn't so I jumped to liquid smooth.I can't recall for sure though.

Like so much fonzy.
    No it does not

Does the Beans builds have that annoying popup when you try to toggle off data?

I don't remember it being there. There's an option under wifi where you can disable the pop-up asking you to switch to wifi when running data intensive programs.

I don't remember it being there. There's an option under wifi where you can disable the pop-up asking you to switch to wifi when running data intensive programs.
    Just a little update on this. I'm currently on Beans10, and that annoying message that pops up when toggling off mobile data is no longer present. Nice!

Anyone else on Beans10? I'm really liking it so far. The AOSP theming is so nice compared to stock.

I flashed beans7 and I'm loving it so far. Once problem I'm having is I keep getting a notification that there is insufficient storage for some apps....can anyone advise me? Or is it just a bug?

Sent from my S3

How much free space do you have?

About 12gb....Google Play was telling me I didn't have sufficient storage to update some apps. I deletes a few, disabled a few and rebooted. Haven't experienced it since!
    Otherwise I LOVE this rom.

Sent from my S3

Quote Originally Posted by xderiwx View Post
    Just a little update on this. I'm currently on Beans10, and that annoying message that pops up when toggling off mobile data is no longer present. Nice!

Anyone else on Beans10? I'm really liking it so far. The AOSP theming is so nice compared to stock.
    I am on Beans 10 and it is fantastic. I also like the theming. My wife just got her GS3 and I realized how I will never go back to stock. My only issue is that there are a few other great roms out there to play with but this running so good I don't want flash another...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    I flashed beans7 and I'm loving it so far. Once problem I'm having is I keep getting a notification that there is insufficient storage for some apps....can anyone advise me? Or is it just a bug?

I'm having the same issues, actually!

Sent from my S3

You can always try flashing the latest gapps package.

npo

I'm running JellyBeans build 10 & I'll be travelling in S. America next month. I see that with Verizon's JB update they now call this a global phone... Since Beanstown based this on the Verizon leaked builds, I would guess that I can just call Verizon, get on a global roaming plan and be good to go. Is there anyone reading who has traveled recently and can confirm that this works on JellyBeans? (i.e., Beanstown's custom ROM, not just Android 4.1) I'm specifically interested in GSM countries -- so England, Germany, Italy, France, Colombia for sure, and probably many more.

Thanks!! & yes, I know Verizon's plans are expensive, but I'm not paying the bill... I have the phone through work, & they need me to be accessible at my usual phone #.

Quote Originally Posted by npo View Post
    Is there anyone reading who has traveled recently and can confirm that this works on JellyBeans? .
    I'd also be interested in hearing this. I'd expect it to work, but would love to hear confirmation.

You can adjust your account online if you like. Just add the feature "Global Roaming". Then, under settings, I think it's mobile network, choose global. If you can find it in Beans it may just work.

The only other issue will be getting data. If you're on your Verizon sim card, check the Verizon website to see what service is available in the country you're traveling to. If you're on a 3rd party sim you may need to adjust your APN if you're on a 3rd party sim card. 4.0 and newer don't allow apps to change your apn. What you'll have to do in those cases is to use titanium backup to set the app you're using to change your apn to a system app. It'll work once that's done. Make sure you backup your original APN's if you do this.
    npo

Thanks. Yes, Global Roaming is indeed selectable in settings. But since I need to be 100% sure it will work (since I need to be accessible on my reg. phone #) I hope someone here will chime in & confirm that it worked for them. Otherwise I'll probably chicken out and load rooted, debloated stock jb before I travel.

Quote Originally Posted by npo View Post
    Thanks. Yes, Global Roaming is indeed selectable in settings. But since I need to be 100% sure it will work (since I need to be accessible on my reg. phone #) I hope someone here will chime in & confirm that it worked for them. Otherwise I'll probably chicken out and load rooted, debloated stock jb before I travel.
    You could always do a nandroid backup of stock jb and beans. It would only take a few minutes to switch between the two. In any case, I'll be going overseas in a month and I'll check out Beans. I'll ditch AOSP while I'm away anyway.
    Thanked by:
    npo 

Running build 10 and all data seems to be not working all of the sudden. Phone works, just no 3g or 4g. I force closed the phone because it was sucking battery. Could that have done it? I have rebooted twice with no luck...
    npo

Thanks, great idea! I'll load rooted stock, activate global roaming, create a nandroid backup, then load Beans' latest and activate global roaming on that. I expect everything will work fine once I'm in S. America, but if it doesn't I can load the rooted stock backup. Not sure which of us is traveling 1st, but I'll report what works here as soon as I know.

You could always do a nandroid backup of stock jb and beans. It would only take a few minutes to switch between the two. In any case, I'll be going overseas in a month and I'll check out Beans. I'll ditch AOSP while I'm away anyway.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Is anyone having the issue that I'm having? If I lock my screen while in landscape, my phone freezes up and only the lock button and home button work. Both buttons will make the screen light up but everything else is just frozen.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast