Beans ROM

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone try The Executioner 2.5 ? How does it compare to Beans??? Just curious

Heard it's a good ROM never did test it. I recommend checking out Android University on YouTube. He has done reviews on all these different Roms mainly the touchwiz based ones such as synergy, beans, and now executioner.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I did at first. Camera kept FC and so did the phone and clock. But I turned off voice options for them in s voice and BAM! Golden pony boy.

Digital High Fives.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I still haven't rooted yet since I got my replacement phone. I have to say that jelly bean is really nice on a stock device. Of course I am using Nova though to get that aosp look and feel. I have also found a lot of 4.2 apps in the Play Store to help with the experience. One other thing that's really nice is reception and data. When I was rooted I was always flashing different modems to see what gave me the best data(more bars). Some worked better than others. But since going back to stock I have noticed how much more stable everything is. And I like that. About the only thing I miss is the flashing part and using Google Wallet. And waiting for that next build. But to be honest this phone is kick ass without doing all that. I might root again someday, but for now I'm very happy with my current set up.;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Been on beans build 9 with lean kernel 1.7 for a few days now. I'm getting fantastic better life and no glitches. Initially I was getting force closes but disabled control apps in S Voice setting now it's golden.

Digital High Fives.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I was reading that S-Voice was causing issues. I've just been using Google Now. I never really liked S-Voice, even after the improvements. Although to its credit, it does know how much wood a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

I'm running lean kernel (tw) 1.6. If I wanted to try 1.7 do I just flash after wiping cache and delvik? There's no need to do factory reset and reflash the ROM right? Never mind. I found the answer.

Last edited:

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm still digging pure aosp on the 2nd build now

How's the bluetooth audio on that? I had tried Liquidsmooth 4.1 rc9 over the weekend. Everything worked fine with the exception of bluetooth. There were a lot of skips in the playback and the sound quality was awful. It was all tinny with no bass whatsoever.

I've been on Beans build 9 for almost a week now with Nova launcher. I ran beans kernel and then leankernel 1.7 undervolted. I haven't run into any problems. Signal quality is good. Battery drain on lk 1.7 when not in use is about 3.5%/hour. That's about what I had with stock TW 4.1 running juice defender. Bluetooth sound quality is great and there's far fewer skips in the music. I'm guessing the sound buffer isn't big enough. The note 2 camera and gallery are good too. I'd choose a samsung camera over aosp. That's the one thing I'd hate to give up.

I think Beans said a new build is on the way. This one is working great for me though. The video at android university helped me avoid some of the issues others are having.

Samsung Galaxy S3 "JellyBeans" Build 9 - YouTube

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
How's the bluetooth audio on that? I had tried Liquidsmooth 4.1 rc9 over the weekend. Everything worked fine with the exception of bluetooth. There were a lot of skips in the playback and the sound quality was awful. It was all tinny with no bass whatsoever.

I've been on Beans build 9 for almost a week now with Nova launcher. I ran beans kernel and then leankernel 1.7 undervolted. I haven't run into any problems. Signal quality is good. Battery drain on lk 1.7 when not in use is about 3.5%/hour. That's about what I had with stock TW 4.1 running juice defender. Bluetooth sound quality is great and there's far fewer skips in the music. I'm guessing the sound buffer isn't big enough. The note 2 camera and gallery are good too. I'd choose a samsung camera over aosp. That's the one thing I'd hate to give up.

I think Beans said a new build is on the way. This one is working great for me though. The video at android university helped me avoid some of the issues others are having.

Samsung Galaxy S3 "JellyBeans" Build 9 - YouTube

I believe Bluetooth audio is still a problem. Pure aosp is tons faster than the other aosp roms. Also you know juice defender doesn't even really save you battery right?... The power to have it on running takes up the battery you save.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Also you know juice defender doesn't even really save you battery right?... The power to have it on running takes up the battery you save.

I suppose it depends on how you set it up. When I had JD running had had the sync interval set to no less than 15 minutes with a 30 sec. duration. I also had wifi off based on location. A 5 minute sync interval was about the same or worse than not using JD at all. 30 minute interval did reduce battery usage. You have to tweak it though. The problem with all that is that it defeats some of the benefits of having a smart phone. Right now I'm happy to have my cake an eat it too.

If bluetooth audio were better quality, I'd probably go with AOSP. I don't use any of the TW features except the camera and I do enjoy the Beans AOSP-like theme.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If anyone here on beans wants to switch to aosp I recommend AOKP newest release of 4.2. Its just as fast as pure aosp and it has all the added extras. Plus I got 17 hours of battery life with 3 on screen yesterday.

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Does that have the pop up included in the SMS app?I think I recently tried that and it didn't so I jumped to liquid smooth.I can't recall for sure though.

Like so much fonzy.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
If anyone here on beans wants to switch to aosp I recommend AOKP newest release of 4.2. Its just as fast as pure aosp and it has all the added extras. Plus I got 17 hours of battery life with 3 on screen yesterday.

That's excellent. I've been considering trying aopk and cm10.1 for a bit, but the only hangup I have is the a2dp.

I flashed Baked Blackbean 7 yesterday to try out 4.2. A2DP works good, which seems to be a problem with most 4.2 builds out there now. I need some more time with it to really get a feel for how well it works, but from what I've seen, I could use this on a daily basis.

The only problems I've found are that bluetooth can hang sometimes if you cycle it on/off and the hold "back" to kill all apps is way too sensitive. So, just minor stuff really.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney