1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Couple of Questions

Hi guys,
    I'm on a rooted Verizon Galaxy S3. I don't want to load a custom ROM but I would like some tweaks on my phone. For example I would like a wifi toggle in my notification bar. Is there customize those toggles? Also, how can I get the JB 4.2 camera on my phone?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: Couple of Questions

Just curious, why would you rule out going with a custom ROM? They are awesome and have these types of features available out of the box. If you really like the Samsung specific features, perhaps try on a stock-based ROM.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    Just curious, why would you rule out going with a custom ROM? They are awesome and have these types of features available out of the box. If you really like the Samsung specific features, perhaps try on a stock-based ROM.
    Because I like mostly everything that is stock TW. I'm not big into custom looking battery icons and different themed colors and all that jazz. I've tried a few of the custom ROMs (CleanRom and Synergy) and while they are fantastic there was always a few things I just didn't like. I was just curious if there was a way that I could just mod some things on a rooted stock rom.
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

I may not be answering your specific questions directly, but if you are looking to make select mods to a stock ROM, this is a good place to start:
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    I may not be answering your specific questions directly, but if you are looking to make select mods to a stock ROM, this is a good place to start:
    Dude. Thanks. This is perfect.