Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: How goes CleanRom 5.0?

I just jumped to the new version too. I had that endless boot also. Just re flashed the rom and it started. Was really weird. I see a few cosmetic bugs so far.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    CR 5.5 is now out, based on new leak. CR 5.0 is running so well I doubt I'll flash it (or at least I'll wait to see if there's a worth while reason to). Doubt you could go wrong with either one.
    Same here...loving 5.0. I'm 19 hours now on battery and at 66%. I've noticed the only time I really get significant battery drain is if I'm talking a lot on the phone or streaming netflix. It was the same with ICS and to be expected.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

How the balls to getting that good of battery life? I'm at 62% after 3 hrs of use. You using stock kernel? Also I don't use any power save features, so any tips you can give me to get that?

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

I'm stock kernel. I keep power saving mode on at all times. Disable vibration on key presses and notifications. Also stay on wifi when at home.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Ooooh ok. That's what I kinda thought. I'm a full feature user myself and use everything this phones got. I'll have to try cutting some features and see how it goes

I recently flashed Clean Rom 5.5.1 and so far I'm happy with it. I do have one issue that I can't seem to figure out how to resolve. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to keep WiFi enabled when the phone goes to sleep. This becomes a problem if I am downloading large files/updates. Has anybody had this problem?

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JKforUA View Post
    I recently flashed Clean Rom 5.5.1 and so far I'm happy with it. I do have one issue that I can't seem to figure out how to resolve. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to keep WiFi enabled when the phone goes to sleep. This becomes a problem if I am downloading large files/updates. Has anybody had this problem?
    Settings -> Wi-Fi ->(Menu button) Advanced -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    Settings -> Wi-Fi ->(Menu button) Advanced -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep
    That was already set, sigh. Maybe it has something to do with how Nova is set up with CleanRom. I don't see how, but I dunno what else it would be.

Or it may be because I didn't totally wipe my phone before flashing CleanRom. I may retry it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JKforUA View Post
    Or it may be because I didn't totally wipe my phone before flashing CleanRom. I may retry it this week.
    This sounds more likely, you should always wipe. I'm running CleanRom 5.5.1 right now with absolutely no problems, and I rarely have any of the problems most people report after flashing - - I'd say that's most likely because I always clean flash/full wipe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I did a clean flash/full wipe also. I'm on CR5.5.1 and couldn't be happier. Battery life is pretty good for me. I usually can go 1.5 days between charging. I usually restart the phone at least 1 times per week (old habit) to keep everything fresh. I diagnosed way too many memory leaks in my career. Seems like every app that I use comes out with a new version at least every 10 days. Don't think that there is all that much regression testing going on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12