Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How goes CleanRom 5.0?

I'm on Synergy 118 and am wondering if any user could tell me their experience on it. Thinking of switching to cleanRom. Cosmetically is their even a difference?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: How goes CleanRom 5.0?

I've been on a rom-flashing spree lately, but I always come back to CleanRom. Everything just works, and works well.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Good to know man cause I seem to be getting some lag and bugs on Synergy. I think I'll give it the old collage try

Quote Originally Posted by truthfamilyfaith View Post
    Good to know man cause I seem to be getting some lag and bugs on Synergy. I think I'll give it the old collage try

Give it a try, it's an awesome ROM.
    Steve

+1 for CleanROM 5.0!

It's great! I've tried stock Jelly Bean and it's good too but I actually do like some of the TW features and CleanROM works great for me. Just waitin' for 4.2.1 to be part of it now :-)
    Thanked by:
    the1m.polo likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ya I'm on It right now.its pretty smooth.can't really tell the dif from this synergy.but I've only beem on it for a few hours

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom

Rooted only about 2 weeks ago, deciding I'd had enough waiting for VZW to add their bloatware to release JB for the device. Installed CR4.5 and loved it, and when 5.0 came out recently I installed asap. Can tell the project butter is now in play and have really not found any glitches of note. I love the folder animations in this rom!
    Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO > Evo 3D > Samsung GSIII on VZW

Shoot, I got the 'modified system' screen when I flashed it (yes, my bootloader was unlocked).

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom

Tried using my Mobile Hotspot option for the first time this morning and it didn't work. I downloaded a VZW sign in app to be able to use their 'my mobile account' information, so is there something I missed about using the hotspot with a rooted device?

Tried again and its running fine now. I'd give it a spin.

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:
    My Podcast -
    My Blog -

Im on 4.5 and its great!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Same problem here but the VZW sign in app won't let me sign in so I can't use the my mobile app. I can use it if I use nova so its kinda working just not in TW.

Starting getting random reboots, reversed back to stock/rooted ICS.

Galaxy S3
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-

I'm running cleanrom 5.0 and it's good overall, however I've noticed lately that the battery life is atrocious. I didn't wipe the davlik cache before I flashed the rom a couple days ago. Could that be the reason?

I have pretty good battery life on Clean Rom, so I doubt the rom itself is the issue. For example, right now I am at 77% after 11 hours and 1 hour of screen time.

CleanRom 5 has been great for me but if you're thinking about flashing you might want to wait a few days. The dev has stated he will have version 6 out soon (based on the latest vzw leak).
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by psyjohn View Post
    CleanRom 5 has been great for me but if you're thinking about flashing you might want to wait a few days. The dev has stated he will have version 6 out soon (based on the latest vzw leak).
    CR 5.5 is now out, based on new leak. CR 5.0 is running so well I doubt I'll flash it (or at least I'll wait to see if there's a worth while reason to). Doubt you could go wrong with either one.

Battery life has been phenominal. Went to a football game this past sunday with 4 friends, all of which had iPhones. We were all using our phones all day, but by the time the game ended, they all had 10% or less battery remaining...I had 60%, and was able to stream Red Zone channel via NFL Mobile app as we waited to leave the parking lot, then pulled up Google maps to help us find a shorter route home. Every one of them was like, "Wow...that makes my iPhone look like a piece of junk". Definitely owe just a little bit of that to Clean Rom and how smooth it runs.
    HaVoK_C89 likes this.

Could you provide a link for the new clean rom? And on a scale from 1-10 how difficult is it to get running?

The amazing galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzo1992 View Post
    Could you provide a link for the new clean rom? And on a scale from 1-10 how difficult is it to get running?

The amazing galaxy s3
    Here is the link:

Your second question is much harder to answer...because we don't know your starting point. Are you rooted? Familiar with rooting and installing ROMs?

CleanROM is Touchwiz based and built off the S3 JellyBean leak; it also has an Aroma installer -- therefore compared to other ROMs it's very easy to get running. If you're asking "Is it easy for someone with no knowlege of rooting or installing ROMs to do?", then that's a different story (and all relative to your comfort level of tinkering with "computer stuff").
    Thanked by:

Alright thank you I am currently not rooted might look into it or wait for the clean rom 6 which is supposed to come out soon I believe. Thanks for the help though!

The amazing galaxy s3

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

This is probably a stupid question, but this will be my first time flashing a ROM (rooted and and unlocked the bootloader for the first time yesterday) but is CleanROM 5.5 a touchwiz based ROM or an AOSP based ROM? I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzo1992 View Post
    Alright thank you I am currently not rooted might look into it or wait for the clean rom 6 which is supposed to come out soon I believe. Thanks for the help though!

The amazing galaxy s3
    No problem. CleanROM 5.5.1 is the latest version (some speculated it would be CR 6.0, but this is the one they were referring to). *IF* there is another leak or if the official JB update comes out, then we'll get a CR 6.0, but neither of those events have happened, so there is no new version in the works at the moment as far as I know.

If you're interested in all this (rooting, roms, etc), my advice is to get through the rooting and unlocking stuff first. Not that any of this is *that* hard, but they are the first steps to take, and to a first timer it's probably best to tackle one task at a time. Check the stickies here, read and get grasp of what's going on, then if you're comfortable and feel like it's something you want to do, jump into rooting. If you have any questions, just ask the folks here.

Quote Originally Posted by NCchrisSU View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but this will be my first time flashing a ROM (rooted and and unlocked the bootloader for the first time yesterday) but is CleanROM 5.5 a touchwiz based ROM or an AOSP based ROM? I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up. Thanks in advance!
    CR 5.5 is Touchwiz based. In my opinion a great first ROM to flash since it's pretty stable and is built of the stock S3 OS (Jelly Bean leak). If you really don't like TouchWiz, you have an option during install to choose a different launcher, such as Nova or Trebuchet (CM's launcher)...but if you want to keep things pretty familiar, I'd just stick with TW. Up to you.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom

I downloaded and flashed 5.5.1 last night and have continued to enjoy this ROM. Couple small tweaks have been made but even without noticeable changes, I can't say I've had a better ROM, including the hacking I've done on my Palm Pre, Evo and Evo 3D. Touchwiz is a great UI imo and worth skipping CyanogenMod with the features Samsung has added to the Android system. Great battery life, and runs faster than stock (assuming mostly due to project butter that comes with JB upgrade).

Great work to Scott!!!

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

I usually hate flashing ROMs because I always have problems with the phone restarting of camera not working..... Something.
    I rooted and flashed 5.0 and now flashed 5.5.1 and haven't had any problems. No bugs to my knowledge.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

5.0 was fine. 5.5.1 kept having problems. Tried to reflash after wipe and couldn't get onto cwm recovery. Phone started to boot loop now I'm back to stock and staying stock.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast