1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Checking before I flash a ROM

I want to flash the CleanROM 5.0. But I want to make sure I have everything set up right. A little nervous since I haven't flashed a ROM since I had my EVO, and that was with CM7 and Rom Manager and it's probably been a year since i messed around with this.

1) I am rooted
    2) I used EZ-Unlock to unlock the bootloader. However, when I open it, it still says my Device Status is "Unknown" which has me concerned.
    3) I used EZ-Recovery to Flash TWRP 2.2.0.

Assuming EZ-Unlock actually worked (see my concern above), I should be good to go to flash CleanROM, right? And to do that, I'd open GooManager (TWRP), browse to the file, and flash it that way?

Default Re: Checking before I flash a ROM

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    I want to flash the CleanROM 5.0. But I want to make sure I have everything set up right. A little nervous since I haven't flashed a ROM since I had my EVO, and that was with CM7 and Rom Manager and it's probably been a year since i messed around with this.

1) I am rooted
    2) I used EZ-Unlock to unlock the bootloader. However, when I open it, it still says my Device Status is "Unknown" which has me concerned.
    3) I used EZ-Recovery to Flash TWRP 2.2.0.

Assuming EZ-Unlock actually worked (see my concern above), I should be good to go to flash CleanROM, right? And to do that, I'd open GooManager (TWRP), browse to the file, and flash it that way?
    If you used the latest version of EZ-Unlock (1.4) it will say unknown even when unlocked. If you want a little piece of mind on whether you are actually unlocked here is the link to get version 1.2 which is what I use. Just uninstall 1.4 and install 1.2 then after that don't let it update in Playstore. Looks like you are ready to go !

Steve

Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

I'd be sure to do a nandroid backup first before flashing.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. Flashed successfully. Having a couple issues with a couple of apps though. Trying to work through those. Like searching in Shop Savvy crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Thanks. Flashed successfully. Having a couple issues with a couple of apps though. Trying to work through those. Like searching in Shop Savvy crashes.
    Some apps haven't been updated for JB, could be some of your issue there.
    Steve