Question about unrooting and returing to stock with mobile ODIN--how to relock bootloader?

Defcon One

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I found a how-to about unrooting and restoring to stock using Mobile ODIN. Seems like the easiest method. There's only one thing...

To use Mobile ODIN it says you have to have an unlocked bootloader. Is there any way to relock my bootloader AFTER unrooting and restoring to stock?

If there isn't, is there any way to use the Mobile ODIN method and wind up with a locked bootloader?

Thanks for helping!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

Defcon One

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
In other words, there's no way to use Mobile ODIN and wind up with a locked bootloader. Oh well, knew it had to be too good to be true...is there any reason then to go through the Mobile Odin method instead of using the longer one stickied in this forum? (i.e. using my Windows PC and PC Odin)?

Ifixsharp

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I unrooted last night using odin. Pretty easy to do, but I still have an unlocked boot loader. I guess its not a problem unless you have a problem..if you know what i mean..:p

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you just run the tar file in Odin and call it good? Do you then proceed to get Verizon ota updates?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ifixsharp

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Im working throug that right now in a few other threads. I rooted,but want to keep the stock Rom..Do I now have to load the factory bootloader back? (there is a file for that) What are the downfalls of running with TWRP Recovery and the factory rom??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670