Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By epidenimus
  • 1 Post By paintdrinkingpete
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Clockworkmod backup dated 1970?!?

Since playing around with jellybean leaks, I have noticed that my clockworkmod backups are dated 04-06-1970, etc. The date is incremental with more recent backups having a later date, but it gets confusing since the month and date (and year) are off.
    Is there a way to fix this?

The first time I tried flashing JB, I hadn't unlocked after rooting (since I has rooted long ago) and got the yellow triangle boot loop. I recovered, but maybe messed something up.... Or is this normal clockworkmod behavior?
    Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    7,674 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: Clockworkmod backup dated 1970?!?

Quote Originally Posted by albertdc View Post
    Since playing around with jellybean leaks, I have noticed that my clockworkmod backups are dated 04-06-1970, etc. The date is incremental with more recent backups having a later date, but it gets confusing since the month and date (and year) are off.
    Is there a way to fix this?

The first time I tried flashing JB, I hadn't unlocked after rooting (since I has rooted long ago) and got the yellow triangle boot loop. I recovered, but maybe messed something up.... Or is this normal clockworkmod behavior?
    Thanks

You could always rename the backups by changing the year, month and day to what it is suppose to be
    Edit: just remember not to have and spaces between the characters I usually use an underscore to seperate characters with but I think you can use a dash as well Example: CleanRom_backup_12_12_2012
    Last edited by davidnc; 12-12-2012 at 12:27 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, I was actually concerned whether that would mess up clockwork restoring things correctly, so that is good to know - so have you done that? In other words, does yours also have an odd date?...or am I alone in that?

Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

It happens. It was the same in TWRP when I ran that.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    davidnc likes this.

Frustrating quirk with this device. Makes it really annoying if you don't remember to rename the files, because it's otherwise impossible to tell which backup is which. You're definitely not alone.
    davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    7,674 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by albertdc View Post
    Well, I was actually concerned whether that would mess up clockwork restoring things correctly, so that is good to know - so have you done that? In other words, does yours also have an odd date?...or am I alone in that?

Yup mines acts the same way yours does .I have restored a backup fine when renaming it to the correct date
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Good to know I didn't mess things up! I will rename them and not worry about it.