Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "updating" flashed roms on a rooted and unlocked phone

I am running clean rom 5.0,and I see a newer version is available. What do I need to do to get it on my phone? Do I do the same thing I did when I first flashed it and wipe the phone? Or is there a other way I have to do? thanks in advance

Default Re: "updating" flashed roms on a rooted and unlocked phone

Quote Originally Posted by pmarus78 View Post
    I am running clean rom 5.0,and I see a newer version is available. What do I need to do to get it on my phone? Do I do the same thing I did when I first flashed it and wipe the phone? Or is there a other way I have to do? thanks in advance
    IF you're already running CR 5.0 it's *probably* ok to "dirty flash" 5.5 on top of it (install it without wiping system/factory reset). As always, you still will want to wipe cache and dalvik.

I say "probably" because there's always a higher risk involved when doing a dirty flash, and the doing a full wipe is always the safest way to avoid issues, however with minor updates like this you're probably fine.

Also, for what it's worth, the changes from 5.0 to 5.5 seem pretty minor...I honestly don't know if it's worth upgrading if you're happy with how it's running now. I'm still running 5.0 and have already decided I'm skipping this update.