1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CleanROM

Default Current status of AOSP based roms

Can anyone who relies on their phone for work purposes speak to the current state of AOSP based ROMs? I know with proper kernel source files that some things may not function 100% and I'm aware that any non-TouchWiz ROM is going to be less than perfect. With that out of the way are they pretty stable (audio, phone, sms/mms, camera, vzw mobile hotspot, etc) in that I can use it as a DD or should I just sit tight for a bit more and wait to see if source drops soon? I'm perfectly happy with Clean right now but it's that itch to see if I'd be happier again back on AOSP.

Default Re: Current status of AOSP based roms

I enjoyed cm10, but since I'm not in a 4G area I was consistently getting data drops. Everything was fine for me besides that.

Galaxy S3 - Thanks Appreciated!
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10

I've been running the CM10 nightlies for a while. Most things seem pretty stable but I get those little annoying things that most AOSP roms have. One example: my GPS can take forever to lock on and sometimes drops during navigation. I really haven't used my phone for work while ROM'd but the essentials have worked just fine for me. For me it's worth it because I loathe TW.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by frankspin View Post
    Can anyone who relies on their phone for work purposes speak to the current state of AOSP based ROMs? I know with proper kernel source files that some things may not function 100% and I'm aware that any non-TouchWiz ROM is going to be less than perfect. With that out of the way are they pretty stable (audio, phone, sms/mms, camera, vzw mobile hotspot, etc) in that I can use it as a DD or should I just sit tight for a bit more and wait to see if source drops soon? I'm perfectly happy with Clean right now but it's that itch to see if I'd be happier again back on AOSP.
    I was using aosp back in august and it was fine.....the only thing is that there are little annoyances that can happen from time to time. I had random reboots, a data drop here and there, my biggest problem was call problems but it seemed to clear up in later builds. I recommend running beans build 6. If you use nova or apex he has it themed out completely like aosp. Even though it is tw based you can't tell unless you are used to cm10. It is very close looking though I will admit and it is 100% stable haven't found any bugs yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CleanROM

Awesome thanks, I was looking at Beans today. I noticed he was going to drop version 7 with fixes people pointed out from 6. This may be a weekend try.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by frankspin View Post
    Awesome thanks, I was looking at Beans today. I noticed he was going to drop version 7 with fixes people pointed out from 6. This may be a weekend try.
    I had weird issues with build 6 but I think it was just my phone because everyone talked very highly of it. Sort of the same way I talked about build 5.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums