Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rooted Touchwiz

Default Weird file sorting after flashing "0" folder

So I wanted to try cm10.1 nightly on my i535 today. After install couldn't make calls and was getting annoyed with the bugs so I botted to recovery and went to restore my backup i had just made in rom manager. THEY WERE GONE. I freaked.

Flashed back to a couple CM10.0 (couldn't remember whihch nightly i knew worked well) and did install. Went to run titanium backup - BACKUPS GONE. Freaked again.

plugged phone into my laptop and something interesting happened to my phone. In the couple flashes I did (i guess 3) rom manager took the previous system files, put them in a folder "0", and created new system files. LUCKILY my titanium backup and rom manager backups were in the last "0" file. I took a screenshot - look at the paths.

A. Why did this happen? I've flashed CM10 nightly every night for the past 2 months and this never happened.
    B. How can I easily fix this?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird file sorting after flashing "0" folder-capture.png  

Default Re: Weird file sorting after flashing "0" folder

This is caused because Android 4.2 supports multiple users, even if it is disabled for phones. "0" is the first user. For phones, there just isn't a second user, so it just appears to the unknowing to be some sort of error.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Motorola DROID A855 (Retired) / Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 (Sold) / LGE Nexus 4 E960 / LGE Nexus 5 D820 / Samsung Nexus 10
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Rooted Touchwiz

Ah - yup new 4.2 was multi-user but didn't know how it was arranged in the file system. So basically copy the deepest "0" folder up to the internally directory and I should be good.

Should have realized that was the problem... Thanks man

Hi,

After a while of use, did simply copying it to the correct parent folder sort out all issue?