Verizon s3 roms? What Happen to them all? Mutiwindow ?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
What happen to all the roms? There doesn't seem to be hardly any, and what is a really good stable fast and smooth rom? Also are we ever getting mutiwindow? I thought for sure when the note 2 came to Verizon we would see a software port. So anyone have any ideas? Please help me choose a rom that is so fast and smooth it slaps me in the face? I want to not have any lag I'm running stock rooted newest jelly bean ota right now with kinda crap mod to get rid of the ongoing wifi notification, and I get lots of lag from time to time. I also get keyboard lag on lots of different keyboards. Thanks

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I think clean rom 5.5.1 is absolutely stellar! I've been running it and have had zero issues and zero lag. Its fast as hell and clean! As for multi window...clean rom 4.1.2 is available for AT&T with multi window. So once there is a leak for Verizon you'll see a clean rom released.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe there aren't more Roms as the couple that have come out for JB have been so well put together there hasn't been much whining for other options? Running CleanRom also....huge fan!

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've run both CleanROM and Synergy and I like both. They're touchwiz-based ROMs. The JB versions work great for me and I know they'll get even better as time progresses. Here are the links to the xda threads and sources for them:

Synergy:
☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JELLY BEAN 4.1.1 | Fully Optimized | NIGHTLIES |★ ☆ - xda-developers

Synergy ROM download location:
Samsung Galaxy S 3 ? Team_Synergy | Android File Host

CleanROM:
[ROM][12/11] - CleanROM 5.5.1 -★| Redefining Performance and Stability (Again)! |★- - xda-developers

CleanROM download location:
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon) - Downloads - Scott's ROMS

I would suggest that you allow each ROM a time to settle in before evaluating it for your purposes. What I mean is to give it a few hours or maybe even a day before deciding if it's "laggy" or not. It seems to me that any ROMS I've installed in the past all seem to work smoother after they've had a few hours under their belt. Maybe it's voodoo, I really don't know, but it seems to work out for me.

Last edited:

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
looks like clean Rom is the only option. I'll give it a try and I hope we get mutiwindow soon. Battery life good on clean Rom?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
looks like clean Rom is the only option. I'll give it a try and I hope we get mutiwindow soon. Battery life good on clean Rom?

Yes :)

Also there is a CleanRom 5.6 coming soon. Im not sure if it will have the multiwindow thing or not tho

...and I see Executioner 2.5 is out .I might give it a whirl later today/tonight

Last edited:

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Ya actually it does. But basically all it is is a app menu tray. No apps will go into multi screen mode. Just for looks I guess. Regardless its am amazing amazing rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You know what, your right. I bounce around so much I forgot what rom I'm on. I'm actually on the new Transmission rom rsl12.tjat has multi. Also has some theme options. Pretty sweet

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean what happened to them all? There are more now then there ever was. There used to only be like 3-4 now there are at least 20 variations whether you want touchwiz or aosp. Beans has been one of my favorites so far.

psyjohn

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been running CleanRom and The Executioner pretty extensively. Can't say a negative word about either one. Both fast and smooth with all the JB TW goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance