Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  • 1 Post By jlibis
  • 1 Post By NotJustAPhone
  • 1 Post By rvhighway
  • 1 Post By paintdrinkingpete
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CleanRom5.0 useless?

Ok so I rooted about 2 months ago because I was sick of the wait for jellybean.downloaded cleanrom 5.0 and was overall pretty happy.now that the official 4.1 is out should I just unroot and get the official? Dont seem the point of having a ROM of the official when I can get the 'official official' And btw whats the most stable release of cm10?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: CleanRom5.0 useless?

I wouldnt unroot, I would either update cleanROM (if there is one) or flash the stock rooted version of the official.

I think the CM10 version you are looking for is 10 M2, m3 might be out but I am not sure
    davidnc likes this.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I wouldnt unroot, I would either update cleanROM (if there is one) or flash the stock rooted version of the official.

I think the CM10 version you are looking for is 10 M2, m3 might be out but I am not sure
    Cm10 10.0 is the most stable

As for your situation I would stay rooted and stay with ROMs....honestly ROM features are so nice to have

davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

CleanROM 5.5.1 is available. It's been running well for me.
    davidnc likes this.

Actually, there is an update/patch to 5.5.1. It's 5.5.2 and it seems real good.

I beleve that these updates are based on the latest K3 release (4.1.1), so if the op updates his rom he won't be missing anything . . . except the VZW stuff that messes things up. That's one of the big reasons for not running the stuff from VZW. You cant get rid of the garbage and unnecessary load on your phone. If I'm wrong, be sure to say so.
    Last edited by rvhighway; 12-25-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    davidnc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by abc1234 View Post
    Ok so I rooted about 2 months ago because I was sick of the wait for jellybean.downloaded cleanrom 5.0 and was overall pretty happy.now that the official 4.1 is out should I just unroot and get the official? Dont seem the point of having a ROM of the official when I can get the 'official official' And btw whats the most stable release of cm10?

You should have the exact opposite attitude, IMO.

1. Well made ROMs are actually an improvement of the "official official", since they have a lot of the un-necessary apps (i.e. "bloatware") removed. ROM developers are also able to make tweaks based on user feedback quickly, whereas with official updates you're generally stuck with whatever made it through QA testing, even if there's a glaring, albeit minor, issue.

2. As you are already rooted, unlocked, and ROMed, you have the freedom now to do whatever you want. Stick with CleanROM, try out some others, whatever you want. Plus it will be quite easy to be ahead of the game if another update becomes available.

CleanROM is literally built off the official OS -- which is why even though it isn't a huge stray from the stock GS3 OS, many folks love it for it's incredible stability. There's nothing about being "official" that makes an "official" OS any better than a custom one. Frankly, being able to pick and choose my OS based on my needs is part of what the spirit of open-source software is all about.

You *may* want to update your CleanROM to the latest version, although frankly I'm still running CR 5.0 myself because it runs so great I haven't felt the need to change anything. The posts over on Scott's XDA thread could provide more insight on what to expect from the newest version.

You could try CM10 out as well -- personally, I feel that ROMs like CR (which are built off the official S3 OS rather than stock AOSP Android) are a bit more stable on this device, and even include some nice Samsung features -- but that's completely up to you.
    Thanked by:
    davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    7,572 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

As others also said about CleanRom 5.5.1 ,, well its been running great for me too. No issues what so ever with also have one of my favorite app "google wallet" working great with this Rom.
    I havent updated to the 5.5.2 patch since the screen flicker hasnt seemed to affect me.
    Also I read after scott gets back from the holidays a 5.6 editon of CleanRom might not be to far off.
    Thanked by 2:

Have 5.1.1 running great, too. My personal favorite of those I have tried. Did not bother with patch as I have no flickering issues.

Battery far better than stock as you can simply freeze or never install the power hogs.