HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

hoarybat61

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Do I have a brick NOW?
Installed OTA Jellybean update last week everything ok but I hated the verizon apps running in background so I tried my first custom ROM this morning and it ran fine for a few hours via this approach: [GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean OTA ***UPDATED 12/25*** - xda-developers .

I used ez-unlock and it said device was unlocked. Everything seemed fine for hours and multiple boots and then I got the "SYStem sofware not authorized by Verizon Wireless" etc. I can't even boot into clockwork mod recovery when I could before. I saw numerous instructions saying use Odin and recover with Verizon original STOCK ROM and boot up the phone and put it on it. THe problem is the phone won't Boot to allow me to put a STOCK ROM on the phone to attempt to recover. Does this mean these recovery attempts only work for a phone which won't boot that was running before the Verizon Jellybean update installed? This recover assumes windows will recognize the phone. It won't now cuz you have to boot it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-back-clean-factory-stock-update-10-23-a.html

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Anna

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Do I have a brick NOW?
Installed OTA Jellybean update last week everything ok but I hated the verizon apps running in background so I tried my first custom ROM this morning and it ran fine for a few hours via this approach: [GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean OTA ***UPDATED 12/25*** - xda-developers .

I used ez-unlock and it said device was unlocked. Everything seemed fine for hours and multiple boots and then I got the "SYStem sofware not authorized by Verizon Wireless" etc. I can't even boot into clockwork mod recovery when I could before. I saw numerous instructions saying use Odin and recover with Verizon original STOCK ROM and boot up the phone and put it on it. THe problem is the phone won't Boot to allow me to put a STOCK ROM on the phone to attempt to recover. Does this mean these recovery attempts only work for a phone which won't boot that was running before the Verizon Jellybean update installed? This recover assumes windows will recognize the phone. It won't now cuz you have to boot it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-back-clean-factory-stock-update-10-23-a.html

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Anna

Your pc will recognize your phone in download mode.
Volume up+home button, continue to hold and then press power and hold until you reach a screen that asks you to press volume up to continue. Press volume up. You will then be in download mode. Then plug in usb cord. Your will then see com port light up in the Odin application

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

hoarybat61

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for replying but unfortunately I tried that before in download mode where you see the green Classic Android guy and it says Downloading.....Do not turn off target!! and Windows saw it when I put the ROM on and used it but NOW after the Verizon message and plugging it into USB Windows no longer sees the device. I then tried my wifes laptop and downloaded the samsung drivers again for the phone as I did before got Odin ready but on her puter it too said drivers successfully installed but the phone won't appear there either. START>COMPUTER. I opened up Odin and there is a blue COM which says:ID:COM and then a blue thing below it which says: 0:[COM5] it lit up when I plugged the phone into the usb port while phone was in download mode. I then did the following with Odin in Download mode i PDA' as I did VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 and then tried to boot into recovery mode again but then Verizon warning came up again so I am not able to get into recovery mode. Also above in ODIN at top where it says Odin 3 it only has Model name :) the latter doesn't have the name of my device. Can I recover? Welcome your next suggestion. Thanks Anna...Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

hoarybat61

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The blue com port is correct so it sees the phone. You need to go over the steps in this thread

[GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23

If you can not do this let me know and I will screen share and do it for you

Hi I found this thread maybe similar to above and and wiped the phone clean with factory samsung install using Odin. Never knew Odin was so powerful. All set thanks so much: xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to root your Galaxy S3 & More!(ROMs/CWM/Stock) The file a used was a pre-rooted stock samsung nice of this guy to do this Thanks again Anna! My best to you!

[HOWTO] [ROOT] [ODIN] No Tripping Flash Counter - Root + [TWRP] - Updated 12.09.2012 - xda-developers

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi I found this thread maybe similar to above and and wiped the phone clean with factory samsung install using Odin. Never knew Odin was so powerful. All set thanks so much: xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to root your Galaxy S3 & More!(ROMs/CWM/Stock) The file a used was a pre-rooted stock samsung nice of this guy to do this Thanks again Anna! My best to you!

[HOWTO] [ROOT] [ODIN] No Tripping Flash Counter - Root + [TWRP] - Updated 12.09.2012 - xda-developers

Glad you are fixed have a good night

cdbaab

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
having same issue. Using Odin but after I hit start it has been sitting at NAND Write Start!! for over 30min. any suggestions?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
having same issue. Using Odin but after I hit start it has been sitting at NAND Write Start!! for over 30min. any suggestions?

After that long it probably won't write at this point. You are going to have to disconnect and find a different usb pet in the back of the computer. Also can you post a screenshot of the odin screen

cdbaab

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/013> Added!!
<ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..
<ID:0/013> File analysis..
<ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/013> Initialzation..
<ID:0/013> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/013> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/013> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/013> NAND Write Start!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/013> Added!!
<ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..
<ID:0/013> File analysis..
<ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/013> Initialzation..
<ID:0/013> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/013> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/013> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/013> NAND Write Start!!
do you mind screen sharing with me?

nv11101

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I need help, what does it cost to have you screen share and fix my phone? I can get it in download mode but every stock rom I download either fails in Odin or after reboot it says the software isn't authorized. Please help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
every stock rom I download either fails in Odin or after reboot it says the software isn't authorized
Have you used the 4.1.2 (MF1) firmware at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ (after you enter your model number, of course)? I just flashed that several times using Odin v3.07 with no issues.

I guess I should first ask, what firmware did you have on the phone?
Was it stock or rooted?
What did you do that required you to go back to stock un-rooted?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC