[Solved] Losing wifi signal: "not in range."

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
That's the problem. WiFi is there when I boot up, but I lose it within a few minutes.

The label is the router, which works for other wireless connections in my house and which is sitting 3 feet away from me as I type this, is "not in range."

The phone won't let me switch to static from DHCP (save-connect greys out when I try it)

It just started a few days ago, after I switched ROMS, but the problem remains the same regardless of which ROM I use... and the problem did not start immediately with the ROM change.

I changed radios and so forth, but this problem appeared several DAYS after I did that.

I've spent hours looking for solutions (I'm apparently not the only one with this problem) but have come up with nothing.

Are there other radios out there to look at or install? Can I go back to the stock radio, and if so, where might that be?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: Losing wifi signal: "not in range."

I reflashed the stock (VRLK3.modem)... and it didn't find wifi at all, went back and reflashed to the VRBLK3_rpm_and_modem.zip back to the same problem. Finds wifi when you boot it up... connects for a couple of minutes and then, a few moments later, "not in range."

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the he rpm. I get better battery life from it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

Utlimately, I flashed the latest OTA update (via Odin), and that fixed it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer