Confusion on terminology
I have to admit my brain hurts from a very mild New Year's hangover and learning the new terminology and removing the iphone stuff from my brain.
After 5 cups of coffee this New Years morning I feel I am okay now
When someone says this : "touch wiz jb" is there a file floating around on the internet that is the stock "Verizon SCH-i535 VRBLK3 touchwiz jelly bean" Or is this a custom modified jellybean with a few enhancements from the gurus that code all this stuff? It seems people are not completely satisfied with the 10.1 on the S3 yet, and they go back to "touchwiz jb" but I wouldn't know where to get that if I want to revert back....
- 01-01-2013, 01:30 PM #3
- 01-02-2013, 12:31 AM #4
Re: Confusion on terminology
Touchwiz is what Samsung calls their user interface on their Android devices. The s3 has what they call their Touchwiz nature ui. It's the Samsung look of the homescreens, the different widgets that they include on the phone, stuff like that. HTC calls their ui Sense. Motorola used to call it MotoBlur but am not sure if they still do. The Nexus devices have no such manufacturer ui overlay and what you would see on a Nexus is exactly what Google designed for their stock ui. I prefer Touchwiz and Sense over the stock Nexus look. To me, the stock Android look is so bland with those pale colors everywhere and the spartan looking home, back and switcher icons. I love more color that pops out of the display. To each their own.
- By 318sugarhill in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:50 AM
- By Mark_in_Tulsa in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 30Last Post: 07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
- By qu1nn in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
- By syberspirit in forum HTC HeroReplies: 5Last Post: 06-25-2010, 06:27 PM
- By bnewt in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2010, 06:39 AM