Apex Launcher - Notification Badge for Email

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey there board, hoping I'm posting this in the right place since it is my first thread to create here.

On my Verizon GS3 I recently purchased Apex Launcher Pro - I really like the customization features and the ways it gets rid of a lot of the TouchWiz features on the GS3, but recently I've noticed that while app badges/notifications work on most apps, they don't on the email badge itself (not gmail, I have email set up with Exchange).

Does this make sense? Anyone know how this could be fixed? I can see the notification on the lock screen, but it disappears after unlocking.

Thanks!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
As far as I've been able to tell, the badges don't work with Exchange on anything but Touchwiz (and some other stock launchers like Sense).

It drives me crazy, because both Sense and Touchwiz manage to display them with Exchange, but as soon as you try a different launcher or even a widget (like Missed It) they only work with Gmail. I've tried probably a dozen launchers and none do

Not sure why the third party devs haven't supported Exchange badges, since its obviously possible.

Oh, the unread count will in fact work on the regular email (non-gmail) app, but just not for Exchange. I have my Gmail account set up with that app (so all my email accounts are in the same app), and the badges work fine for the Gmail account.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No, I set up all my email accounts in the regular email app (including my Gmail account). I don't use the Gmail app since it only does Gmail and I wanted all my accounts in one app.

I am aware I lose some Gmail functionality (like labels) by doing this though.

What I was saying is that I still get unread badges on the email app. Just not for the exchange account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress