So... why would my phone be stuck in roaming?

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I thought I'd try out liquid smooth, a 4.2.1 rom, up from a stock, rooted 4.1.1. Great ROM, overall, but I didn't think much of the Bluetooth sound for music: scratchy, jerky.

So, I thought I'd give CM 10.1 a shot. So, I downloaded CM 10.1 from the daily, made sure I had the Rom Manager recovery downloaded and it indicated it was installed.

But when I went into recovery, TWRP was the recovery that came up.

So, I tried to install CM10.1 with that. Probably not the greatest move, but it did seem to work... except for one thing: it showed I was roaming. I'm not. Never have with this phone. At some point in all of this, I got the dreaded "you've got unauthorized software on your phone warning..." I tried to get out of that screen, and wound up popping out the battery... and so on.

I thought it would be a setting or a problem that someone else had already fixed. so, I thought I'd better bail on that altogether, so I thought I'd try flashing (odin) the same stock rom I'd used to get 4.1.1 in the first place. The roaming warning came up and now, no matter what I do, it stays stuck on roaming.

Any suggestions? I've spent a few hours trying to solve this (6, so far) and searched all over... so any help would be appreciated.

kgeier82

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Had this exact problem. Googled forever. Restore stock via Odin. Boot in roaming.

Dial *2767*3855#

It'll reboot a few times a reprovision phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke