CM10 question

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Cleanrom 5.5 but am thinking of trying out CM10.

The one thing I'm hesitant about (and why I stayed with a Touchwiz ROM) was the camera. I live the burst mode, panorama, and taking pics while shooting video. My question is, does the CM10 ROM have any of those, or is there a replacement camera app that will give those to me.

I can live without the rest of Touchwiz, but will miss some things (like the stay awake and swipe to call/text and some other motion controls) but I really don't want to lose those camera features.

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It has all of those features. Burst mode, panorama mode and if you touch the screen while recording it takes a picture.

Last edited:

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I love CM10. I shut the menu and back button off and enabled on screen buttons and my phone is like a better spec'd Nexus.

Keep in mind that CM10 does not use speed dials (upset me) so iI use a dialer called exDialer and love it.

CM10 (to me) is completely stable except that my NFC isn't working, however there is a flashable zip that has fixed it for others. My only other problem is the Bluetooth doesn't always auto connect in my car.

Other than that this ROM is exactly what I needed. So fast and right up my alley.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I used to run CM7 on my old Evo 4G, but haven't run CM10 on the GSIII yet. I definitely would need NFC (always swapping things with the wife and a couple coworkers) and as long as it will connect to my bluetooth stereo (at home) and my headset (in the car) I'll be ok.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks. I was mostly concerned about the camera functions.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey Evil, I ran into some issues with the Bluetooth streaming on the CM10. There are various threads about the low power stream (lack of bass / vol). If you want to use the BT call fix each time you are in the car then that works fine.
I would say give the CM10.0 stable a try, its beautiful, quick, and has all the features you would expect. (I don't use NFC all that much, and my BT issue was fixed with the call fix).

rajatq2

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Anybody here using the CM10 nightlies for d2vzw? I am on 10.0 stable , but there are bugs that are frustrating me. The ROM is otherwise VERY good. I'm curious about some of the samsung features that were lost, like the Sbeam and swype. You can add swype back by going to beta.swype.com.

The worst one is the phone, when I'm in a conversation it's so hard to get the dial pad back. The whole touchscreen stays off. This wouldn't be a big deal if i didn't use Google Voice. When an incoming call goes through Gvoice, your phone rings and it says "You're receiving a call from PersonX. Press 1 to receive the call or 2 to send it to voicemail", and it times out and sends my caller to voicemail.

With whatever bugs there are with the dialpad, the calls go straight to voicemail. Really irritating.

Anyway, back on track. Anyone using CM 10.1 nightlies?

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I fired up the 10.1 Nightlies from today and the 6th and they were interesting. There are some quirks (new lockscreen interface, and a great new menu when you pull down the notification bar). If you are hung up on the issues with 10.0 I would wait for the 10.1 stable to roll out.

As long as you back up your rom you can easily give 10.1 a trial to see if you like it.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Haha, yeah just having the ROM zip on the SD isn't going to help you a bit.

I tend to be very careful about backing up. I use Titanium Pro to back up all apps and settings (good for flashing different roms and restoring all your important goodies)

I also use ROM manager and create a backup which will save the state of your phone with your current rom, apps, settings etc as well. Seems to work out pretty good.

I'm off to try and fix this S3 of mine with the broken home button and a boot loop issue. Should be fun!

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I was just on on CM10.0 stable and the camera seemed to work okay. But not being able to save photos/recorded videos to your external sd card is a deal breaker for me. Otherwise its a really nice ROM and id love to go back to it if there is a way around the storage issue?

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Are there any devices on 4.2 now that have an SD slot available? That could be part of why it isn't incorporated yet. I've heard there was a fix for this, but I'm holding off on 4.2 roms until more of the bugs are ironed out.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Run beans its basically aosp with all the stability of touch wiz plus those touchwiz features.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar