SBeam with Custom ROM

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been addressed. I have looked everywhere and cant find any info either way... My question is, whether or not the SBeam Feature can work while rooted and on a Custom Rom? I have had no luck with it since being on Clean Rom, and I was wondering if others were having this issue or not. Thanks

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been on Jelly Beans and have had no issues using S Beam with another S3 that was stock. just make sure you have it switched on in the settings.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No sbeam is proprietary to Samsung. You must be running a stock/stock rooted ROM to use it. On custom ROMs you would use android beam.

Sent from my SPH-L710

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You must be running a stock/stock rooted ROM to use it. On custom ROMs you would use android beam.

This is false....it should work fine with CleanROM since its a Touchwiz based ROM. I use it all the time. Make sure SBeam is enabled on both phones and make sure you're using the latest version of CleanROM)

In fact I just used it with my phone (CleanROM 5.5) and my wife's phone (stock, not rooted) and it was fine.

quiverskeep

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
This is false....it should work fine with CleanROM since its a Touchwiz based ROM. I use it all the time. Make sure SBeam is enabled on both phones and make sure you're using the latest version of CleanROM)

In fact I just used it with my phone (CleanROM 5.5) and my wife's phone (stock, not rooted) and it was fine.

I second that. I'm using beans build 10. Works fine.
Okay, this might sound dumb, but are you using an NFC battery? I went through soooo much to find out in the end that the extra battery I was using was nonNFC. Was hard to find the solution.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, S Beam is faster than Android Beam due to the added Direct WiFi connection, meaning faster data transfer speeds. The only catch is that only stock TouchWiz ROMs or TouchWiz-based ROMs get this feature, as it is proprietary to Samsung.

Nonetheless, both NFC-related apps do their job, and that's what's important. :)