Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EvilMonkey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default SBeam with Custom ROM

Sorry if this has been addressed. I have looked everywhere and cant find any info either way... My question is, whether or not the SBeam Feature can work while rooted and on a Custom Rom? I have had no luck with it since being on Clean Rom, and I was wondering if others were having this issue or not. Thanks

Default Re: SBeam with Custom ROM

I've been on Jelly Beans and have had no issues using S Beam with another S3 that was stock. just make sure you have it switched on in the settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Is that an AOSP Rom? Touchwiz??

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

No sbeam is proprietary to Samsung. You must be running a stock/stock rooted ROM to use it. On custom ROMs you would use android beam.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    Thanked by:

Default SBeam with Custom ROM

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    You must be running a stock/stock rooted ROM to use it. On custom ROMs you would use android beam.
    This is false....it should work fine with CleanROM since its a Touchwiz based ROM. I use it all the time. Make sure SBeam is enabled on both phones and make sure you're using the latest version of CleanROM)

In fact I just used it with my phone (CleanROM 5.5) and my wife's phone (stock, not rooted) and it was fine.
    jackmei2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    This is false....it should work fine with CleanROM since its a Touchwiz based ROM. I use it all the time. Make sure SBeam is enabled on both phones and make sure you're using the latest version of CleanROM)

In fact I just used it with my phone (CleanROM 5.5) and my wife's phone (stock, not rooted) and it was fine.
    I second that. I'm using beans build 10. Works fine.
    Okay, this might sound dumb, but are you using an NFC battery? I went through soooo much to find out in the end that the extra battery I was using was nonNFC. Was hard to find the solution.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Phone - Storm 1 to Droid X to Thunderbolt and REALLY lovin'it
    Tab - Returned the Xoom, now LOVING my Sammy 10.1

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Honestly, S Beam is faster than Android Beam due to the added Direct WiFi connection, meaning faster data transfer speeds. The only catch is that only stock TouchWiz ROMs or TouchWiz-based ROMs get this feature, as it is proprietary to Samsung.

Nonetheless, both NFC-related apps do their job, and that's what's important.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX