Yellow triangle of death PLEASE HELP!

Defcon One

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Rebooted my phone and suddenly I have the yellow triangle of death with "System Software not authorized by Verizon..."

Tried to get into recovery mode but button up plus home plus power gets me back to the yellow triangle.

I can put the phone into ODIN mode but my computer doesn't recognize it (win 7 x64)--the computer gives the little "da-dum" sound to show a connection, but the phone doesn't show up in Windows. What can I do from here--PLEASE HELP.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Dude... relax. I've been there many times... well, twice. Your phone is not totaled.

Get your drivers installed, go back to odin, and use one of the many threads to take your phone back to stock. Then start over.

It's going to be OK. I've been there... and now, you can see I've made it back and the ROM I'm running now. It's all part of the learning curve.

Defcon One

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Kage. Guess it's a rite of passage we all have to have, but holy !@#!@ was I scared for about an hour or so, until I figured out to throw the phone into Odin Mode and use one of the one-click solutions to put rooted stock back on the phone. Had to do that twice today, I'm now trying out the latest build of Cleanrom Lite. Interesting. Any suggestions for other stuff I might want to try? I'm interested in lean and mean :).

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I've spent some time with the lean/mean... its a good rom... I just switched to Synergy (yesterday) and it's very nice as well... smooth... no hangs... no freezes.... nice install.

Welcome to the club!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Kage. Guess it's a rite of passage we all have to have, but holy !@#!@ was I scared for about an hour or so, until I figured out to throw the phone into Odin Mode and use one of the one-click solutions to put rooted stock back on the phone. Had to do that twice today, I'm now trying out the latest build of Cleanrom Lite. Interesting. Any suggestions for other stuff I might want to try? I'm interested in lean and mean :).
Sounds like the same thing happened to me last week when I tried CleanROM 5.6 via TWRP. CleanROM installation went perfectly and after reboot went into the same Yellow Triangle state. So, I can identify with the sinking feeling. Went back to Odin and recovered from there. Understand that CleanROM Lite and CleanROM 5.6 are not exactly the same, but if you come across any tips for getting CleanROM to work please do share.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm running cleanrom 5.6 and installed it with twrp. I cleared all the cache factory rest and flashed. Runs perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm running cleanrom 5.6 and installed it with twrp. I cleared all the cache factory rest and flashed. Runs perfect.

Thanks, I may have missed the cache factory reset, but did do factory reset. I've been researching around more and maybe I missed some requirements when I tried it.
From this guide CleanROM install method looks like I need RPM and Modem files?
My understanding is limited around ROMs, and am under the assumption that a ROM contains any required files. Since my S3 already has functional radio, etc. then not clear why one needs to flash additional items beyond the ROM.
Is there a guide you followed to get CleanROM 5.6 installed?

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Modems and rpm's are independent of the rom. Just factory reset clear your cache's and flash the rom. You might have just got a bad flash. By the way I'm using blk3 modem and the rlhe rmp.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to install a custom recovery, depending on which one you want to go with. Get goo manager from the play store for twrp or rom manager for cwm recovery. I use twrp myself but cwm is probably the more popular one.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Modems and rpm's are independent of the rom. Just factory reset clear your cache's and flash the rom. You might have just got a bad flash. By the way I'm using blk3 modem and the rlhe rmp.

I found out where the problem was. Following this guide [GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean OTA ***UPDATED 1/29*** - xda-developers I wasn't using "fixed" SuperSU_Bootloader_FIXED dot zip. For some reason the other bootloader linked on this guide wasn't working for me. Flashed the "fixed" bootloader via CWM recovery and was able to flash CWM10 with no issues. Like CWM10 :)
Given other family members are running TouchWiz 4.1.1, I tried again by downloading another CleanROM 5.6 zip and flashed via CWM recovery. After waiting a few minutes for the animated multi-color X to do its thing, I am back in business.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams