Updated Big Red GS3 to 4.1.2, got the dreaded "System Software not Authorized by VZW" message...help
I have a rooted, stock GS3. Waited a few hours for others to update to 4.1.2 and someone said they used Voodoo Rootkeeper to temp unroot, updated, and everything was fine. I did this also, and my phone updated and rebooted. But now it says "secure fail: kernel" in the upper left of the screen and there is a big message on my screen that says, "system software not authorized by VZW has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest VZW store for help." Can't get anything to load now. I have been regularly backing up data via Titanium Backup.
Can someone tell me why this happened and how to fix, please? I'm not super familiar with flashing back to stock or anything (hoping there's a better option anyway), but I would appreciate all the keep I can get.
EDIT: Should have done a bit more digging on this site, I'll admit -- following steps in this thread to flash back to stock with Odin now. Guess that'll have to do.
Last edited by JoePaLives84; 03-06-2013 at 09:17 AM.
- 03-06-2013, 09:26 AM #2
- 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM #4
- 03-06-2013, 03:06 PM #5
- 01-30-2014, 10:44 AM #6
- 01-30-2014, 11:15 AM #7
- 4,208 Posts
Re: Updated Big Red GS3 to 4.1.2, got the dreaded "System Software not Authorized by VZW" message...
- start with the phone completely off
- press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)
Your screenshot makes it seem like you were trying to boot into Recovery mode. If Download mode works then let us know which model/carrier you have and perhaps we can find a stock ROM for you to load.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- By MrNoDay5Off in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 01-13-2013, 03:14 AM
- By jcsugrue in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-27-2012, 11:14 AM
- By Paul627g in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
- By gafool in forum iPhone/iOSReplies: 29Last Post: 01-11-2011, 04:15 PM
- By krdawg10 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 8Last Post: 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM