Problem with CleanROM 6 r2 ringtones

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just installed CleanROM version 6 r2, and the modem and rpm zips on my SCH-I535. Things are good, except that I have no selectable ringtones. I went into "Sound" -> "Device Ringtone" and I have the choice of either ES File Explorer or Media Storage, no list of ringtones. When I first saw that, I brought up ES File Explorer and found that the "Ringtones" and "Notifications" folders at the top level of "Home" were empty. So I went into /System/Media/Audio/Ringtones and copied the ringtone files to the top level home Ringtones folders. Same for Notifications, copied from Notification folder under /System/Media/Audio to the top level home Notifications folder.

So now I'm guessing that they should be there for use by the phone. However, I still get only the choice of ES File Explorer or Media Storage when I tap on "Device Ringtone" or "Default Notifications" in Settings, no list of ringtones. I've tried the following to get the OS to see these ringtones and notification sound files:

1. Reboot.

2. Pull battery and put it back. Don't know if phone should be off when I do this, or if that matters.

3. Factory reset (which I was sure would do it).

Even after all of the above, "Settings" on the phone still doesn't show the list of ringtones, it only gives me a choice of ES File Explorer or Media Storage.

Is there something that I can do about this, or something that I should do with ES File Explorer to make this connection for the phone? Or did I put the ringtone files in the wrong place for the phone to use?

Other than this one issue, I've been able to get everything else going and am liking the simplicity of CleanROM.

Thanks very much.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Found out that if I choose "Media Storage", I get what I want, a list of ringtones, and for notifications, a list of notification sounds. If I choose ES File Explorer, I can choose other ringtones that I've added. Hadn't seen that choice before, but after choosing Media Storage, I have my lists of ringtones.