Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Overclocking

So I tried to overclock my phone with the EZ Recovery app and I followed the instructions found here:

(Tutorial) How to Overclock Verizon Galaxy S3 - Galaxy S3 (All Variants) - RootzWiki

But when I try this, my phone makes the noise as if it is coming on, but shows no picture and the LED keeps changing colors as it is coming on. This went on for about a good 10 minutes until I pulled out the battery and just flashed CWM recovery through odin, but the kernel didn't stick. Not sure if this is outdated, or if I'm just doing something wrong here.
    My phone is rooted, stock rom 4.1.2. with all the VZW apps frozen. If anyone can help me overclock that would be great.
    Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Overclocking

=( no help?

I'm guessing that your still on the stock kernel as well..? If so, you can't overclock/underclock unless you have a kernel that supports it. Stock Verizon kernels don't. I would highly recommend lean kernel. It give me great battery life and the ability to overclock/undervolt my processor at will.
    You can find it here: [kernel][TW][MB1 v2.2, 4/7/13] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel - Verizon Galaxy S3 Development - RootzWiki
    As I understand it, you don't need to do a full wipe to flash a custom kernel. Though you will need custom recovery to flash it.
    Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Beans build 15 via tapatalk 2

You can also try this kernel, it comes with a app that you can over clock with: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1853816

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by blade22222 View Post
    You can also try this kernel, it comes with a app that you can over clock with: [KERNEL][VERIZON][AOSP/Touchwiz][JELLYBEAN][4/19/2013] KT747 - LJ7 - KTweaker - xda-developers
    That only works on AOSP ROMs; he is running stock TW.

If you like TouchWiz, check out CleanROM or any of the others. I second the vote for LeanKernel.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    That only works on AOSP ROMs; he is running stock TW.

If you like TouchWiz, check out CleanROM or any of the others. I second the vote for LeanKernel.
    They have a tw kernel I've run it. Check it out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums