4.1.2 to 4.1.1

dlettau

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I am new to AC Forums. I have a non rooted Verizon gs3. I received the 4.1.2 update. It seems after that I had issues with my Bluetooth not turning on and also losing wifi connection at work. I spoke to a verizon guy at Best Buy he told me all he would do is perform a factory reset. I told him I already did that and it didn't fix the issue. I asked if there was a way to downgrade the os to a previous version. He said yes there is just google it. So off I went on my search. I found a good guide on doing just that. My phone didn't need to rooted but I would wipe all my data. So I downloaded the rom and used odin 1.85(which the guide recomended for flashing an older rom). Everything went smooth. Booted up with jb 4.1.1. My wifi at work was back but still no Bluetooth. Now here is were I have a problem. I can't seem to get the update for 4.1.2. Many messages through fb with samsung but they didn't offer much help. So I was hoping the AC Community would be able to help. Not sure what the cause is for my bluetooth issue also I again have issues with the wifi at work. I can connect but get no data thru. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Christi7

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for help w/a good flash player. One that didn't require several others, since adobe doesn't work. I'm replying to u because I am a lettau. I'll check back tp see if you reply..Thanks!

Last edited:

Christi7

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Would you feel safe sending me your name? My father and i are very interested. Have been trying to work on lettau history. Not sure if this is the best way to chat...if you want...what do you think?

dlettau

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually my father was adopted. Lettau was name of the people who adopted them. His adoptive parents died many years ago.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Here's another guide to downgrading your phone (and a lot of other things, as well *smile*):

[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to root your Galaxy SIII & More!(ROMs/CWM/Stock) - xda-developers

Take a look at "Step 5", it gives you the image to flash using Odin to get back to stock for sure. Or you can get the image here, if you know how to use Odin to flash it already:

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing i535

Look for the "COMBINATION" "VRBLK3" image.

I flashed this image using Odin, and then was offered the 4.1.2 JB update after that.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If one has already fleshed the stock downgrade firmware, what is the use of flashing the stock bootchain again?
By firmware do you mean ROM? If yes, then I believe that ROM and bootchain/bootloader are two distinctly different entities. They certainly work together in a loose sense, but reflashing a locked bootloader to an unlocked one is a valid use case. Is that what you're wondering about?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1