Google Movies/TV with Rooted S3?

wilk489

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So a few weeks ago I bought an episode of The Walking dead that I missed and when I went to stream it on my S3 it would just show the loading circle icon then stop. I tried it on my 4G and the WiFi at work, but same thing. I then tried just downloading the episode for offline play back and every time I tried the app would just lock app, but viewing it on my laptop works just fine. After doing a bit of searching it looked like spring of last year Google had block rooted devices from streaming movies/tv, but then I found a post from a couple months ago that Google has removed it? Just curious if anyone else is having this issue? I'm running CleanRom 6 R2.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I can find no evidence that Google has removed their blocking of rooted devices; additionally, Voodoo OTA RootKeeper: http://market.android.com/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.otarootkeeper doesn't work to temporarily unroot the device (at least, not for this purpose anyway).
Fortunately, I only wasted a dollar or so renting movies; the free TV episodes that I have are useless though. Perhaps when I get my next phone I'll have a chance to watch them (until I get pissed about some stupid Verizon decision and root THAT phone to get around it).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12