Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112
Like Tree36Likes

Default Re: Verizon S3 to Straight Talk

Hello all. I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 i-535 Verizon model from a family member who is no longer using it. I bought a mico-sim for it from Straight Talk and installed it last night then I called Straight Talk to get service transferred from my old LG Optimus Q to the new GS3 i-535. Overnight the cellular and texting services were transferred but now I can not get the internet to work. I have follow all steps posted here in regards to APN settings. I am not very techie so I need help trying to resolve this issue. Please allow me to share with you the 2 conflicting pieces of information Straight Talk gave me so far: This info was texted to me upon request to transfer service last night (NAME: NET10 APN: wap.tracfone PROXY: 216.155.165.40 Port: 8080 MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.40 MMS Port: 8080 MCC: 310 MNC: 260 ) then this info was texted to me earlier today when I went to their chat help area: (These are Your APN Settings NAME:STRAIGHT TALK APN:tfdata MMS APN:tfdata MMSC:http://mms-tf.net MMS PROXY:mms3.tracfone.com MMS PORT:80) (Please take note that I have turned Wi-Fi off to make the change in settings listed in this thread since I have home Wi-Fi. Here is the info I put into my new S3 phone based on info I obtained in this thread: Name: STRAIGHT TALK
    APN: tfdata
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: 80
    Username: Not Set
    Password: Not Set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    Multimedia Message proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    Multimedia message port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: Not Set
    APN Type: default,mms,supl
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
    Turn APN On/Off: (Greyed Out but reads APN turned on)
    Bearer: Unspecified
    Mobile Virtual Network Operator Type: None
    Mobile Virtual Network Operator Type (?)Greyed Out But Reads Not Set)

Also My Preferred Network Mode Settings are: changed from CDMA to GSM / UMTS
    Network Operators: Unable to search for networks while data service in use. Stop using current data service and search for other available networks

I am not tech savvy AT ALL, and you have probably done this, but you did select the StraightTalk APN settings as the 'default'?

I don't see any option to set it to default. The Verizon APN stuff is greyed out and I can't touch it to remove it. I was told by a family member that post # 15 is this thread my hold the answer but I don't see the answer. I deleted the first APN stuff I had for Straight Talk and re-did it in a completely new one. There is a little green not to the far right of the name Straight Talk in my phone's APN list. I am assuming that means Straight Talk has been selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie1 View Post
    If I buy a Verizon S III SCH-1535, will it activate with ST on Verizon towers? AT&T, Sprint, and the others suck in my area. I am currently using a Iphone 4 on ST. ST told me that since the SCH-1535 was LTE that it would not work on ST, which I think is BS.
    I hate this Iphone but NEED Verizon network on a ST budget.

BUMP - I don't want to use S3 with AT&T - I want to use it with Verizon. Does anyone know if there is a verizon only version (maybe sold by straight talk) or a way to port the phone so that it will use verizon towers?

Verizon S3 to Straight Talk-mrbump-3.jpg

maybe these folks know way more than the foreign st service reps.
    they say you can't use a phone that uses sim card or says lte for data, and still use it on verizon network.
    Are they wrong?

Cool Life saver!!!!

oh my gosh thank you ! I have had ST for like 4 months now and haven't been able to use my data since I got it, and now thanks to you, it works and I can use all my apps away from home !!! (: you rock, smart guy.

I have a Verizon s3 my DATA does not work, how can I get it to do so?? I have a straight talk sim and I am on ATT service

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon S3 to Straight Talk-screenshot_2014-08-28-11-09-08.jpg   Verizon S3 to Straight Talk-screenshot_2014-08-28-11-08-41.jpg  

What did you do to get it too work?

IF you go back to page 1 it clearly describes how to do so

I've tried that but I have it now I had to do Kies update and now all my features are working. Thanks a alot!! 👍👍👍

I just tried this with my wife's newly aquired Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 4.4.2 and it was a complete success. Evrything worked! Calling, Texting, Data, SMS, MMS. Perfect guide, thank you Stephan!

Everything worked for a day. Woke up this morning and now my calling does not work. Any ideas?

Everything worked fine for a day. Woke up this morning and now my calling does now work help me please

Thank u so much for ur steps. St told me I would never be able to use this phone. All was well for a day. Woke up this morning and my calling is not working. Please help

Ok all through 12 pages got text data and phone but mms will not also mms and test insame message fail. Well they say set but never received both as sender and receiver any he,p would be cool all setting like stated in page 1 except i have greyed out verizon no way to remove
    Thanks
    For help

this phone is already set up for straight talk , put your straight sim card in and call straight for apn setting to use internet because that is the phone i am using now.

Quote Originally Posted by Latasha Branch View Post
    this phone is already set up for straight talk , put your straight sim card in and call straight for apn setting to use internet because that is the phone i am using now.
    yup. Got all now except one specific glitch. My wife has Republic wireless and we are able to send text but no mms between us. The rest of the world i can send and receive mms a ok

Thumbs up Re: Verizon S3 to Straight Talk

Just wanted to say thanks to Stephan Blake. When I tried to get help from ST, the guy actually got mad at me because I said it could be done and he said he was a supervisor and therefore KNEW it wouldn't work. Then I found your post and it works. A couple of things though, first, it won't let me text anyone photos and second, if I call someone (local) I don't have to use the area code but if I text them, I do. Any ideas?
    I wish I'd have gotten that ST guys direct number so I could call him from my Verizon SG3 phone, with it's ATT sim on the ST network
    Thanked by:
    Stephan Blake likes this.

Hi Stephan,
    I have a Verizon SGS3 and live in NH. Straight talk says that my phone is ineligible in my area code and will not work in my area code because they have no access to Verizon 4G towers here. Everyone else I talk to says that it will work, but will just get 3G service, which sounds like it would be adequate for me. But ST says they simply cannot activate it. That is based purely on its IMEI number. We get really bad AT&T service here, so I'd really prefer Verizon 3G over AT&T 4G. Do you have a way I can make this phone work for ST Verizon 3G in area code 03253 ? And if I do that, how can I get ST to activate it, since it will still have the same IMEI number that they say is ineligible?
    I even told ST I'd try using a different area code to activate it and then see if it works here at my risk, but they refused.
    frank at marino patents dot com

Quote Originally Posted by seahawk1984 View Post
    Thanks so much for starting this thread, especially to Stephan Blake for posting the step by step instructions!

I would also like to say that if anyone has to contact Straight Talk with assistance activating the ATT sim card that comes with the start up kit, tell them that you are activating an ATT phone, it will save you a lot of headache. I told the gentleman on the phone that I was activating a verizon Samsong Galaxy S3, and that I could do it using the SIM (after reading this post), and he insisted that I would have to do it using the CDMA format. I told him that it would not work that way, he insisted that it would! So I said "Ok, lets do it using the CDMA method!". After he was all done setting it up, he told me that it would take an hour for it to finalize, and told me reboot after an hour, and input a code. I said "Ok, I'll be calling you again tomorrow when this don't work". The following day I called them again, because it didn't work. But this time the lady on the phone asked me if I was activating an ATT phone...... I said...."Yes", and it went so much smoother, was done and off the phone in about 20 minutes with the ATT sim card activated, and then I followed instructions that Stephan Blake posted..... Works like a charm!

So again, if you need to call Straight Talk for any reason during setup, just say "I'm activating an ATT phone"... =)

Good Luck! =)
    What if I don't have a Verizon Sim card at all? I was given an s3 in January 2014, without the Sim card. Is there any way to switch to straight talk without it?

This worked flawlessly. From start to finish it took less than a half hour. That's including the trip to the store and waiting for the port to complete.
    Thanked by:
    Stephan Blake likes this.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112