Verizon S3 to Straight Talk

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I have straight talk and just bought a Kyocera Hydro Elite another Verizon phone. I used this trick and bought the att sim card. Just transferred account to sim talk and text works great. Here is the snag unlike the S3 the Kyocera Hydro Elite does not allow you to add an APN. I have to root the phone with mottochopper, and use SQLite editor to add the apn. Found out from this thread: http://androidforums.com/kyocera-hydro-elite/791274-gsm-unlocked.html#post6507519 however, Im new to rooting scene, and need specific directions on how to do this and what values to use for straight talk, as that post is for t mobile subscribers. Any Help greatly greatly appreciated.

Pablo Otero

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have sg3 and it all works but vm haven't tried what ppl say about settings but going to after work I use the nano sim card it lil to small for it but it works

barbaracheyenne

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
From what I've read you no longer use *86; instead you just dial your phone number.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Hi, I have a g s3 that was on Verizon but I really need it on straight talk. I bought a SIM and activated it, followed every instruction that you had put on here, but it is still not working it just keeps saying "network not available" idol what to do I really need it to work please help!

wyjsmama13

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Where do i get MMSC

NOV 21 2013

STEP 4 To get network working. Go to settings, more settings, mobile networks, access point names.
you will see LTE - Verizon Internet grayed out. hit the setting button (lower left on phone below screen) select add new access point.
Enter only the settings listed below:
Name : Straight Talk
APN : tfdata
Port : 80
MMSC : http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy : mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port : 80

Next
Select the APN you just created.
(You can also find these settings at Straight Talk's web site)
Network is working just fine for me but I notice where it used to say 4G lte it says just "E" with up and down arrows showing transfer data. But its fully functional. Happy satisfied and never had to root anything or hack or whatever the kids do these days. So before I end this post i would like to say Pandora works just fine facebook app and others, But you cannot have an active call and internet at the same time. I really cant remember if verizon does that or not oh well bye bye verizon.
View attachment 93354

View attachment 93356

View attachment 93357

View attachment 93358

View attachment 93359

View attachment 93361

View attachment 93362

Kyle Reynolds2

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just want everyone to know that I got my Verizon s3 with Android 4.3 working on straight talk. Had to switch in network settings to GSM and use AT&T SIM card, but it works. And when you call ST, tell them it is an AT&T phone you have and when they ask for ID# give them the number of the SIM card, not the phone. You need to restart the phone once you put the SIM card in, and if you get the "non-verizon sim" error hold down on it, open app, and force stop, and it will go away. Thanks to Steven, I think his name was, for showing me how to do it! Thought I was going to have to return the phone and pay a restocking fee until I found his post. He was using an earlier version of android so I wanted ppl to know it works with 4.3 also.
Oh, also you need to put the ST APN settings in the phone too, for data and MMS, but ST will give you the settings.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
i want to make sure i have this right before i go purchase the package tomorrow...

i have the verizon samsung galaxy s3 SCH-I535 and is 4g LTE running andriod version 4.3.
checked my esn on the internet it says it is clean.
so all i have to do is get the cdma activation kit from walmart. activate the at&t sim on ST website put the sim in flix the apn settings and the phone should work?
the phone i have is turned off it does not have a phone number.
let me know if there is somthing else i should do... thank you

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
**update**
followed all directions i can make and receive phone calls and text NOT picture messages and no data...
is there a way to fix this?
but besides that very happy thank u all.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
**update**
followed all directions i can make and receive phone calls and text NOT picture messages and no data...
but besides that very happy thank u all.

Hello Tabitha, welcome to the forums! 🙋

I'm at work so don't have much time to help you. But if you read this thread from the beginning, you'll find out a few tips that will help you with that.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i can make and receive phone calls and text NOT picture messages and no data
Sounds like your APN settings are missing something; unfortunately, there are so many different/conflicting settings listed just within this thread that you're probably better off looking on the Straight Talk website and trying what they have posted. You could also call them - just tell them that you have an AT&T phone or you'll just get the run-around.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

timme2008

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
hi I have a galaxy s3 but my android version is 4.1.1 will this still work? every time I try to update it I get this message "unfortunately, settings has stopped." the phone is not active yet. but I do have wifi on it. thanks, tim

Jessica Naples

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Followed Stephan's instructions. I activated the SIM card , switched out the verizon for the AT&T one. Went to call a friend so that my number could be sent to me, as Stephan's instructions said to. Everytime I call a number it says "the service you are attempting to use is restricted or unavailable."
Please help?

joeyniji2

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
hey Stephen,

I hope im not too much trouble but I need some help please? 1st, thank you so much for taking the time to post all of this great info on transferring from V to STalk. I just did it an hour ago and I thought it seemed to work but now im running into some roadblocks/

1-it wasn't able to detect the time/date from STalk. now it keeps coming up with a message asking something like..."if I wanted to manually set clock"? did this happen when you activated your sim?

2-then every time I power it up it has an alert that says "non Verizon SIM detected"? did this happen with you?

3-and probably most important under "network operators" what did your say? what should mine say? ps- you can find network operators by going to settings+more settings+mobile networks (then mobile networks is at the bottom)

thanks in advance for any help on this matter. and please feel free to email me direct (I pm'd you too)

Thanks for reading , joey

NOV 21 2013

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH i535 (WITH MICRO SIM) and wanted to swap to straight talk. Long story short it works and im using internet and all.
I called at first and talked to straight talk and they said no it wont work with my phone. I was disappointed because I spent $63.92 and the drive to walmart was about 25 mins.
So I decided to try it anyway what the hell right? walmart said i had 14 days to bring back the kit and get full refund so i gave it a shot.
In the kit contains 4 sim cards, 2 regular size sim and 2 micro sims. 2 for att 2 for t-mobile. So I decided to try the micro sim for att.

STEP 1 Go to straighttalk.com to the activation screen follow the steps to activate the sim.

STEP 2 Get your Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 (Verizon Only) go to settings , more settings, mobile networks, network mode (switch to GSM/UMTS)

STEP 3 Turn off phone, remove verizon micro sim, insert att sim from Straight talk, turn phone back on wait a few moments and try to make a call to a friend so you can get your new phone #. You will recieve a txt later with your number from Straight talk. If it doesn't work immediately please be patient and double check you are in GSM mode.

STEP 4 To get network working. Go to settings, more settings, mobile networks, access point names.
you will see LTE - Verizon Internet grayed out. hit the setting button (lower left on phone below screen) select add new access point.
Enter only the settings listed below:
Name : Straight Talk
APN : tfdata
Port : 80
MMSC : http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy : mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port : 80

Next
Select the APN you just created.
(You can also find these settings at Straight Talk's web site)
Network is working just fine for me but I notice where it used to say 4G lte it says just "E" with up and down arrows showing transfer data. But its fully functional. Happy satisfied and never had to root anything or hack or whatever the kids do these days. So before I end this post i would like to say Pandora works just fine facebook app and others, But you cannot have an active call and internet at the same time. I really cant remember if verizon does that or not oh well bye bye verizon.
View attachment 93354

View attachment 93356

View attachment 93357

View attachment 93358

View attachment 93359

View attachment 93361

View attachment 93362

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
little update phone still working under straight talk but it does keep reverting back to "no network" and i have to go back in and put it to at&t network and gsm... the data is working but it is edge and its turtle slowww its just keeps along.
the mms is still not working i thought maybe since the data is working that the mms would too??!! my phone does not drop calls and im sending and receiving text...

jvicknpc

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm so glad to find you guys and thanks so much for being patient with those of us that are not up on this kind of stuff. I have read most all of this link, but still not sure if it will work for me. I PURCHASED A NEW Verizion SGS3 on ebay. I am already using Straight Talk with a Galaxy Proclaim. I want to swap(upgrade) the phones and keep my phone number. PLEASE ADVISE.