Verizon S3 to Straight Talk

ApFlynn1

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Life saver!!!!

oh my gosh thank you ! I have had ST for like 4 months now and haven't been able to use my data since I got it, and now thanks to you, it works and I can use all my apps away from home !!! :) you rock, smart guy.

Shy Monroe

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a Verizon s3 my DATA does not work, how can I get it to do so?? I have a straight talk sim and I am on ATT service

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-28-11-09-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-28-11-09-08.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2014-08-28-11-08-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-28-11-08-41.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 65

sconnell80

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I just tried this with my wife's newly aquired Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 4.4.2 and it was a complete success. Evrything worked! Calling, Texting, Data, SMS, MMS. Perfect guide, thank you Stephan!

Butcher716

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank u so much for ur steps. St told me I would never be able to use this phone. All was well for a day. Woke up this morning and my calling is not working. Please help

Robert Ostrander

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok all through 12 pages got text data and phone but mms will not also mms and test insame message fail. Well they say set but never received both as sender and receiver any he,p would be cool all setting like stated in page 1 except i have greyed out verizon no way to remove
Thanks
For help

Latasha Branch

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
this phone is already set up for straight talk , put your straight sim card in and call straight for apn setting to use internet because that is the phone i am using now.

Robert Ostrander

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
this phone is already set up for straight talk , put your straight sim card in and call straight for apn setting to use internet because that is the phone i am using now.
yup. Got all now except one specific glitch. My wife has Republic wireless and we are able to send text but no mms between us. The rest of the world i can send and receive mms a ok

F Harrington

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks to Stephan Blake. When I tried to get help from ST, the guy actually got mad at me because I said it could be done and he said he was a supervisor and therefore KNEW it wouldn't work. Then I found your post and it works. A couple of things though, first, it won't let me text anyone photos and second, if I call someone (local) I don't have to use the area code but if I text them, I do. Any ideas?
I wish I'd have gotten that ST guys direct number so I could call him from my Verizon SG3 phone, with it's ATT sim on the ST network :D

patenter

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Stephan,
I have a Verizon SGS3 and live in NH. Straight talk says that my phone is ineligible in my area code and will not work in my area code because they have no access to Verizon 4G towers here. Everyone else I talk to says that it will work, but will just get 3G service, which sounds like it would be adequate for me. But ST says they simply cannot activate it. That is based purely on its IMEI number. We get really bad AT&T service here, so I'd really prefer Verizon 3G over AT&T 4G. Do you have a way I can make this phone work for ST Verizon 3G in area code 03253 ? And if I do that, how can I get ST to activate it, since it will still have the same IMEI number that they say is ineligible?
I even told ST I'd try using a different area code to activate it and then see if it works here at my risk, but they refused.
frank at marino patents dot com

alicia uhl

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for starting this thread, especially to Stephan Blake for posting the step by step instructions!

I would also like to say that if anyone has to contact Straight Talk with assistance activating the ATT sim card that comes with the start up kit, tell them that you are activating an ATT phone, it will save you a lot of headache. I told the gentleman on the phone that I was activating a verizon Samsong Galaxy SIII, and that I could do it using the SIM (after reading this post), and he insisted that I would have to do it using the CDMA format. I told him that it would not work that way, he insisted that it would! So I said "Ok, lets do it using the CDMA method!". After he was all done setting it up, he told me that it would take an hour for it to finalize, and told me reboot after an hour, and input a code. I said "Ok, I'll be calling you again tomorrow when this don't work". The following day I called them again, because it didn't work. But this time the lady on the phone asked me if I was activating an ATT phone...... I said...."Yes", and it went so much smoother, was done and off the phone in about 20 minutes with the ATT sim card activated, and then I followed instructions that Stephan Blake posted..... Works like a charm!

So again, if you need to call Straight Talk for any reason during setup, just say "I'm activating an ATT phone"... =)

Good Luck! =)

What if I don't have a Verizon Sim card at all? I was given an s3 in January 2014, without the Sim card. Is there any way to switch to straight talk without it?

twiztidly

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
This worked flawlessly. From start to finish it took less than a half hour. That's including the trip to the store and waiting for the port to complete.

critesl

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I followed the instructions in Stephan Blake's post to the letter. I triple checked the mobile network settings and all is fine - except i cannot stream anything while off WiFi. I receive this message: "You do not have fast enough internet connection. Please connect using WiFi or at least 3G (13015)."

Internet works okay, but is a bit slow.

Are you talking about using a Verizon SIM or an AT&T SIM (S3 Phone Verizon to begin with). ??

Thank you for your assistance.

vako4000

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for info stephen. Verizon s3 now on straight talk and everything works. Data slow but no biggy. Bye bye verizon!!

Talk about a painful switching process... id rate it somewhere between a irs audit and a enima. Straight talk tech support is virtually non existent...better off talking to a wall.

vako4000

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi Stephan,
I have a Verizon SGS3 and live in NH. Straight talk says that my phone is ineligible in my area code and will not work in my area code because they have no access to Verizon 4G towers here. Everyone else I talk to says that it will work, but will just get 3G service, which sounds like it would be adequate for me. But ST says they simply cannot activate it. That is based purely on its IMEI number. We get really bad AT&T service here, so I'd really prefer Verizon 3G over AT&T 4G. Do you have a way I can make this phone work for ST Verizon 3G in area code 03253 ? And if I do that, how can I get ST to activate it, since it will still have the same IMEI number that they say is ineligible?
I even told ST I'd try using a different area code to activate it and then see if it works here at my risk, but they refused.
frank at marino patents dot com

Id humbly suggest not trusting anything straight talk tech support tells you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma