Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 build 8

Default Slim Bean bluetooth randomly playes media audio through headset

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3(SCH-I535) and I'm running Slim Bean's 4.2.2 Rom build 8. I never really noticed this before because I haven't used a bluetooth headset that often. Now I use it a lot and I notice that even though in settings I have "media audio" unchecked for the Platronics Voyager Legend(bluetooth headset), it will start playing media through the headset randomly. For example, yesterday I was texting and suddenly the sound that is supposed to be played through the phone speaker for an incoming text started playing through the headset. Is there anyway to fix this issue? This also happens when streaming music using pandora as well at times, and once it has changed to playing through the headset, I have to turn the headset off and back on or it will continue to do so. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Global Posts
    20,985 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Slim Bean bluetooth randomly playes media audio through headset

Quote Originally Posted by judgenot View Post
    Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3(SCH-I535) and I'm running Slim Bean's 4.2.2 Rom build 8. I never really noticed this before because I haven't used a bluetooth headset that often. Now I use it a lot and I notice that even though in settings I have "media audio" unchecked for the Platronics Voyager Legend(bluetooth headset), it will start playing media through the headset randomly. For example, yesterday I was texting and suddenly the sound that is supposed to be played through the phone speaker for an incoming text started playing through the headset. Is there anyway to fix this issue? This also happens when streaming music using pandora as well at times, and once it has changed to playing through the headset, I have to turn the headset off and back on or it will continue to do so. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!
    Is build 8 the first ROM you flashed to?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    Is build 8 the first ROM you flashed to?
    No. The first ROM I flashed was build 6, then 7, then 8. I did a wipe cache and dalvik wipe before each upgrade; however, I never did a factory reset as it didn't seem necessary.

Global Posts
    20,985 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

No. The first ROM I flashed was build 6, then 7, then 8. I did a wipe cache and dalvik wipe before each upgrade; however, I never did a factory reset as it didn't seem necessary.
    Rule of thumb for flashing any ROM is doing all three. Slim even suggests to wipe /system for flashing.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Rule of thumb for flashing any ROM is doing all three. Slim even suggests to wipe /system for flashing.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Ok. I am going to do a FULL wipe including format/system. I will post the results after it is complete. Thanks for responding.

Global Posts
    20,985 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Ok. I am going to do a FULL wipe including format/system. I will post the results after it is complete. Thanks for responding.
    Just make sure you reflash the OS again.

Phone Timeline
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 build 8

Ok, so I did a full wipe including format/system then reinstalled slim bean's build 8 for verizon S3(d2vzw) and also reinstalled slim gapps 4.2.2. As of now the bluetooth issue seems to be resolved and I find it even connects quicker. I appreciate the advice and will update if any issue arises.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20,985 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Ok, so I did a full wipe including format/system then reinstalled slim bean's build 8 for verizon S3(d2vzw) and also reinstalled slim gapps 4.2.2. As of now the bluetooth issue seems to be resolved and I find it even connects quicker. I appreciate the advice and will update if any issue arises.
    Glad it worked. Thanks for posting the result.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline