Is this even possible?

drumrjoe

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello and sorry if this has been asked before.

I bought a verizon branded GS3 on Ebay that said it was rooted.

I get the custom open padlock on bootup after a battery pull.

Before I flash any roms, I would like to make a custom backup so that I can restore the phone the way I have it set up now, not a factory restore.

Not sure if Titanium will allow this or if there is a better or different app for this??

Thanks in advance for any help...

DJ

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello and sorry if this has been asked before.

I bought a verizon branded GS3 on Ebay that said it was rooted.

I get the custom open padlock on bootup after a battery pull.

Before I flash any roms, I would like to make a custom backup so that I can restore the phone the way I have it set up now, not a factory restore.

Not sure if Titanium will allow this or if there is a better or different app for this??

Thanks in advance for any help...

DJ
Titanium will back up your app data. Another good thing to do is back up the current ROM.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If the phone is rooted then it probably has custom Recovery software installed - you can use that to make a backup of the current ROM (what you'll see referred to as a "nandroid" backup)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

drumrjoe

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
update-

So after installing and running titanium, it reports that the phone is not rooted. Being a big noob, I am assuming that the bootloader is unlocked. I am seeing multiple ways of rooting on the web. Before I root, I want to see if there is a way to make an image (?) of everything so that I can restore at this point. Is that something that is possible to do?

thanks again for all and any help!

DJ

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
update-

So after installing and running titanium, it reports that the phone is not rooted. Being a big noob, I am assuming that the bootloader is unlocked. I am seeing multiple ways of rooting on the web. Before I root, I want to see if there is a way to make an image (?) of everything so that I can restore at this point. Is that something that is possible to do?

thanks again for all and any help!

DJ

At this point, no. There is no way to back up your phone. You would need to flash a custom recovery to do that.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz