Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Default Titanium backup issue

So I recently flashed Carbon rom 1.8 coming from clean rom 7. I've gone through several versions of clean rom each time being able to restore my apps through titanium no problem.

After flashing carbon and installing titanium no backups can be found. I went into preferences and it searched the whole phone and found nothing. I was able to restore my apps by extracting them from my nandroid backup(great feature!)

Normally that would be the end of it but the problem is I am running out of internal storage. I only have 2gb of internal left and currently it says I have about 1.5gb of apps etc stored. I know my nandroid takes up 2.4 gb so those add up to 3.9 gb. So what's taking up the remaining 8.1gb? My previous titanium backup must be in there somewhere taking up that space. (it's a big backup because is had a couple games with downloaded data) I'd like to create a backup of carbon rom but am afraid I'm running out of room. If someone could help my track down my missing titanium backup I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my Galaxy S3 Running CleanROM 5.5.1

Global Posts
    13,873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Titanium backup issue

Quote Originally Posted by CypherMax View Post
    So I recently flashed Carbon rom 1.8 coming from clean rom 7. I've gone through several versions of clean rom each time being able to restore my apps through titanium no problem.

After flashing carbon and installing titanium no backups can be found. I went into preferences and it searched the whole phone and found nothing. I was able to restore my apps by extracting them from my nandroid backup(great feature!)

Normally that would be the end of it but the problem is I am running out of internal storage. I only have 2gb of internal left and currently it says I have about 1.5gb of apps etc stored. I know my nandroid takes up 2.4 gb so those add up to 3.9 gb. So what's taking up the remaining 8.1gb? My previous titanium backup must be in there somewhere taking up that space. (it's a big backup because is had a couple games with downloaded data) I'd like to create a backup of carbon rom but am afraid I'm running out of room. If someone could help my track down my missing titanium backup I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Have you connected to your PC and looked at file sizes? There may be some tucked away that are big, or maybe duplicates of something.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

So what's taking up the remaining 8.1gb?
    I don't know - what does your Storage view show?And you're fiddling with Titanium Backup and Nandroids all on the internal memory? You know, you can practically find SD cards in the Cracker Jacks box - why not invest $5 and offload your stuff?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Well I figured it out sorta. I flashed back to my clean rom nandroid and removed all the titanium back ups totaling 5gb. Then flashed back to carbon rom and now backed up my current apps to the phone and my box account. So now I have 5gb free that's including 2 nandroid backups. I don't use my 32gb SD card because it's almost full of pictures and videos of my kids and about 10 ripped movies. I'm happy now. Thanks for the help guys.

Global Posts
    13,873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Well I figured it out sorta. I flashed back to my clean rom nandroid and removed all the titanium back ups totaling 5gb. Then flashed back to carbon rom and now backed up my current apps to the phone and my box account. So now I have 5gb free that's including 2 nandroid backups. I don't use my 32gb SD card because it's almost full of pictures and videos of my kids and about 10 ripped movies. I'm happy now. Thanks for the help guys.

Off topic question. Do you have your SD card backed up? Just in case that fails?

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Yes all the important photos and videos are backed up in the cloud and also locally on a 2tb has drive.

Sent from my Xoom using AC Forums mobile app