Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blade22222
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is root interfering with e-mail access?

Trying to run a third party app called GOOD that I downloaded from the play store. My company just started using this so we can get out work email on our own personal phone. My friend has same phone as me....Verizon GS3 and his works fine with no root. Im rooted running CM10 and I get an error everytime I try and run it. ANy ideas what I can do besides unrooting my phone??? I would like to keep my root...Thx
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Is root interfering with e-mail access?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fitzpatrick View Post
    Trying to run a third party app called GOOD that I downloaded from the play store. My company just started using this so we can get out work email on our own personal phone. My friend has same phone as me....Verizon GS3 and his works fine with no root. Im rooted running CM10 and I get an error everytime I try and run it. ANy ideas what I can do besides unrooting my phone??? I would like to keep my root...Thx
    I don't think it the root. I think it is Cyanogen. That is the true difference between your phones. Some apps don't play well with custom ROMs.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thx I will try another ROM before I unroot...Hate to give up my root for work email...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Tried my hyperdrive Rom but still no luck

Global Posts
    13,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fitzpatrick View Post
    Tried my hyperdrive Rom but still no luck
    Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Try flashing a stock rooted rom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    GSDer likes this.

You're referring to Good for Enterprise: I assume? I realize that you don't have much choice in the matter, but that app has a 2.9 rating in the Google Play Store. Looking through the various comments I'm not surprised that you're having problems.

Anyway, depending on the security requirements of the app, I suppose that root could interfere with something that the app requires. I'd vote with the previous poster that suggested that you try the stock (rooted) ROM as your first option.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4