Need help, infinite boot + random shut downs :(

hoodie#AC

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

SGH-i535 Verizon Galaxy siii (4.1.2) Hyperdrive Rom.

Possible hardware software issues prior to infinite loop:
My phone's screen would turn on and off and the shut down pop up menu would flicker on. This would happen without stop as long as the phone was on. Sometimes it goes for 2-5 minutes without issues, but usually the screen would shut off and turn back on (then the shutdown pop-up menu) would have popped up.

Notifications on phone while in Download Mode (volume down + home + Power):
customary binary download: 4 counts

Software Issues:
Tried to flash the 10.2 Cyanogen mod but ended up getting into a infinite loop--possibly because the phone has an issue shutting off-mid process. Tried to flash stock rom (kernel-vzw-i535VRBMF1-1370679892.tar) via Odin goes to:

"|<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/005> RES OK !!
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<ID:0/005> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)"

Turns on phone > Samsung Galaxy SIII logo appears > phone turns off / turns back on > loop restarts.
Can't get out of this loop now because 1. My phone is stuck in a loop. 2. My phone doesn't stay long enough to keep finish installing a rom. :(
If anyone can help that'd be great, thanks!

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery? Does it restart it self while in download mode or recovery?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

hoodie#AC

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery? Does it restart it self while in download mode or recovery?

I think it is back to stock recovery.
It used to restart itself while in download mode but once I tried to flash another stock rom it sort of stopped--same for while it was in recovery mode.

Now it just says

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & Try Again.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you don't have a rom, what stock rom are you trying to flash in oden? Have you tried it again? Also I think there is a way to flash back to stock with kies but I haven't had much luck with the program myself.

hoodie#AC

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you don't have a rom, what stock rom are you trying to flash in oden? Have you tried it again? Also I think there is a way to flash back to stock with kies but I haven't had much luck with the program myself.

Thinking I need to get my flash count reset the: "custom binary download: yes (4 counts). "
I've never used Kies myself either, been using Odin to flash new roms and what not. I've always downloaded stock files and flashed it back to stock. (lost all my files before).

Been using "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5"
to flash it (with A.boot & F.reset both checked).

hoodie#AC

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Try re downloading the file, you might have a bad copy. Check out this thread I know it's old but should still work. [How To] Reset your phone in order to return to Verizon(Updated 12/11/2012) - xda-developers

Been downloading various copies of the stock rom files--still nothing. Also appreciate the link! One thing though is that I've checked the flash counter and have had no solution to resetting it without having to use triangle away (as I am bricked atm).

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you want to use Kies to reload your firmware, here's an overview of what to do:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1